Sunday’s New York Magazine’s this year’s Hollywood issue and features a portfolio with 13 actresses, among them Marion Cotillard, and a lengthy article about female heroic roles in Hollywood.
It is, instead, to acknowledge the range and depth of 13 remarkable and very different actresses, and also to convey, through the suggestive medium of pictures and words, an array of intriguing, troubling, inspiring and contradictory possibilities. A partial list of the roles the women in these pages have played this year would include a slave, a sex therapist, a trainer of killer whales, a randy Texas dowager, a 19th-century factory worker driven to prostitution and the two most compelling and morally complicated characters in the semicompelling, morally simplistic “Dark Knight Rising.” And also, of course, Katniss and Hushpuppy, authentic superheroes with the power to turn the world upside down.
001 Sessions from 2012 > New York Times Magazine
With the release of ‘Rust and Bone‘ (De rouille et d’os) in the US came many new articles. They are all really well worth a read and each offers something new. There are also some new portraits that came with the articles and I added digital scans of some. Enjoy!
• Wrestling a New Role Into Its Full Rebirth, New York Times, November 16
• “Rust and Bone’s” Marion Cotillard on Blockbusters vs. Independents and the Role of Marine Parks, NBC, November 19
• The Cinema Of My Country: Marion Cotillard on Rust and Bone, Crave Online, November 19
• OSCARS Q&A: Marion Cotillard, Deadline, November 21
• Marion Cotillard: motherhood can be ‘tiring’, USA Today, November 26
• Marion Cotillard digs deep in ‘Rust and Bone’, USA Today, November 26
• Interview with Marion Cotillard backstage at IFP Gotham Independent Film Awards, Examiner, November 27
• Lucky, not brave, Variety, November 29
• Marion Cotillard’s Stellar Turn in ‘Rust and Bone’, Newsweek Magazine, December 3
• Honor Roll 2012: Marion Cotillard Dances With the Fishes in ‘Rust and Bone’ and Explains How a Sex Scene Can Make You Happy for a Character, IndieWire, December 3
• Is Marion Cotillard a Shoe-In for ‘Rust and Bone’?, Popmatters, December 3
• Oscar-Worthy: An Exclusive Interview with Marion Cotillard, ComingSoon.net, December 4
• Marion Cotillard in ‘Rust and Bone’, Variety, December 4
• Interview: Marion Cotillard in Rust and Bone, Awards Daily, December 5
001 Scans from 2012 > New York Times (US) – November 16
002 Scans from 2012 > USA Today (USA) – November 27
002 Sessions from 2012 > New York Times
002 Sessions from 2012 > USA Today
‘Rust and Bone‘ opened in New York last Friday. This brought new and/or better pictures of the movie. Enjoy!
Also, Marion Cotillard is expected today for the IFP Gotham Awards where she will receive a career tribute. Also the pre-recorded interview on Chelsea Lately Show will air later today!
004 De rouille et d’os (Rust and Bone) – 2012 > Stills
001 De rouille et d’os (Rust and Bone) – 2012 > On Set
002 Portraits > Sessions from 2012 > ‘Rust and Bone’ Promo
Remember the lovely pictures used in ‘The Dark Knight Rises‘ articles in international magazines such as Cinemag (Uruguay), Movieweek (South Korea) and Marie Claire (Hungary) this past summer? Did you love them as much as I & wish to see more of them? Then this update is good news. Enjoy!
048 Sessions from 2012 > ‘The Dark Knight Rises’ Promo
Wow! Marion Cotillard is on the cover of the December issue of W Magazine! Check out the portraits, article & video. I’ll be adding scans later this month.
• Red Hot: Marion Cotillard
001 Scans from 2012 > W Magazine (US) – December
007 Sessions from 2012 > W Magazine
189 Behind the Scenes > 2012 – W Magazine
001 Magazines, Photoshoots > Lynn Hirschberg