Marion Cotillard on the cover of Interview
As ‘The Immigrant’ and ‘Blood Ties‘ will be released in the US this spring Marion Cotillard is on the cover of the March issue of Interview Magazine. The interview was conducted by John Cameron Mitchell who directed her L.A.dy Dior short movie and one of Marion’s favourite films: Hedwig and the Angry Inch. In the interview they talk about Lady Macbeth, Hedwig, the 2 movies coming out as well as Marion writing songs. Enjoy the read and the gorgeous new pictures.
• Marion Cotillard, Interview, March 2014
001 Scans from 2014 > Interview (US) – March
009 Sessions from 2014 > Interview
Portraits of the leading ladies of film in Bafta exhibition
They are some of the most glamorous and successful leading ladies of film.
Marion Cotillard, Nicole Kidman, and Scarlett Johansson are among stars snapped by London photographer Andy Gotts for a project started by Bafta eight years ago to record all living performers ever nominated for its movie honours.
The portraits are among 100 at an exhibition opening on Monday ahead of the Bafta awards on February 16. It also features Juliette Binoche, Jodie Foster, Al Pacino, Johnny Depp, Robert De Niro, and Clint Eastwood. Gotts told how he was initially given just 12 minutes with Brad Pitt on the set of Troy: “But he said, ‘Take as long as you want.’ One and a half hours later we were arm-wrestling.” Pitt handed Gotts his phone with George Clooney on the line. Clooney invited the photographer to his villa in Italy, where Gotts found him feeding the ducks on Lake Como.
Gotts, 42, has taken pictures of more than half of about 800 candidates.
The exhibition, Behind The Mask, runs from January 20-February 7 at Somerset House, before a smaller display at Bafta HQ in Piccadilly. Limited edition prints are on sale to support Bafta’s charitable work.
Source: Evening Standard
BAFTA will project every image from the series onto the façade of its headquarters at 195 Piccadilly, London during the weekend of the EE British Academy Film Awards. Go the Exhibition Homepage.
20 January – 7 February 2014
Open daily 10.00-18.00
West Wing Galleries, West Wing
001 Sessions from 2013 > British Film Awards – Session 001
001 Scans from 2014 > Evening Standard (UK) – January 16
Madame Figaro, Deux Jours Une Nuit, Updates
In July, Marion Cotillard was once again on the cover of Madame Figaro in France. Known for her passion for the environment, the magazine interviewed her for their “Green” edition and the interview was focused on Marion’s views and every day contributions to the environment. At the end of the article, they did a list of Marion’s six commandments for the environment in which she says she never takes long baths (to save water) and that she cleans her house with white vinegar. The photoshoot for the article is brand new and shot by photographer Jan Welters who had worked with her in 2010 for ELLE
Other than that, Marion has been busy shooting the new movie by the Dardenne brothers. They began rehearsals in June and have been shooting in Belgium for the past few weeks. I added a photo of Marion holding the one month old that was chosen to participate in the movie. You can read the article (in French) here.
During rehearsals, a bakery was chosen in a small town for the shooting of one scene Marion was in. The owners of the bakery, who were present for filming and who played themselves in the movie described Marion as very professional, focused and somewhat shy.
006 Sessions from 2013 > Madame Figaro
017 Magazine Scans 2013 > Madame Figaro, July 5, 2013
001 Deux Jours Une Nuit – 201 4> On Set
001 French Press > Marion Cotillard: La Vie en Green
001 French Press > “Nous avons le pouvoir de changer la société”
Marion Cotillard in the Press recently
You may have noticed that during the past few weeks I’ve kept adding articles to the press archive and also updated the gallery – especially if you’ve been following us on Twitter or Tumblr. Many thanks to Amelia and Melfan for their much-appreciated contributions to this update!!! Here’s an overview:
• Character in Rust and Bone “got right into my blood,” Marion Cotillard says, The Gazette (Canada), December 13
• ‘Rust and Bone’ Globe Nominee Marion Cotillard: ‘I Questioned Existence’, Hollywood, December 13
• Marion Cotillard cried on Rust and Bone set, Canada.com, December 14
• ‘Dark Knight Rises’ Star Marion Cotillard on Gun Violence: ‘It’s a Vicious Circle’, The Hollywood Reporter, December 15
• Marion Cotillard’s new role cuts to the ‘Bone’, Star Tribune, December 15
• Interview: Marion Cotillard of ‘Rust and Bone’, Red Eye Chicago, December 17
• Marion Cotillard gets ‘Rust and Bone’ amputee character with one image, The Canadian Express, December 19
• ‘Rust and Bone’ masterfully depicts tragedy, love, The Philadelphia Inquirer, December 20
• Interview: Marion Cotillard, Now (Canada), December 20
• ‘Rust and Bone’s’ Marion Cotillard dives head-first into roles, Los Angeles Times – Envelope, December 20
• The Argument: Marion Cotillard, Hollywood’s favourite French actress, gets unleashed in Rust and Bone, Toronto Life, December 20
• ‘Unusual love story’ moved Cotillard, Daily News, December 21
• There’s no rust on Cotillard, Toronto Sun, December 21
• ‘Rust and Bone’ brings Marion Cotillard face to face with orcas, The Seattle Times, January 6
009 Scans From 2012 > Various Clippings
001 Scans From 2012 > L’Express Styles (France) – November 7
005 Scans From 2012 > Cineplex (Canada) – December
003 Scans From 2012 > Newsweek (US) – December 10, scanned by Amelia
004 Scans From 2012 > Los Angeles Times – The Envelope (US) – December 20, scanned by Amelia
002 Scans From 2013 > Various Clippings
001 Sessions From 2012 > ‘Rust And Bone’ Promo
004 Sessions From 2012 > 7000 Fashion Magazine & L’Express Styles
001 Sessions From 2012 > Grazia
003 Sessions From 2012 > Hollywood Film Awards – Session 001
003 Sessions From 2012 > Los Angeles Times
002 Sessions From 2012 > Los Angeles Times – Envelope
005 Sessions From 2011 > L’Express Styles
005 Sessions From 2010 > L’Express Styles
001 Sessions From 2010 > New York Times Magazine
097 Sessions from 2008
161 Sessions from 2007
Also as you can see I re-added the 2007 & 2008 portrait sessions. Most of these were at one point far back in time already on this site but they’re finally back with some additions I found throughout the years. Enjoy! I’ll be completing the – now only a few – missing years soon.
Wide-Awake: Dreams & Transformations
Usually, New York Times Magazine’s The Hollwyood Issue also is accompanied by behind the scenes videos. This year, they’re entitled “Wide-Awake” and feature the actresses’s dreams and transformations photoshoots. Watch them all here.
Gallery: 031 Behind the Scenes > 2012 – New York Times Magazine
Video: 001 Magazines, Photoshoots > New York Times Magazine
New York Magazine: Hollywood Heroines
Sunday’s New York Magazine’s this year’s Hollywood issue and features a portfolio with 13 actresses, among them Marion Cotillard, and a lengthy article about female heroic roles in Hollywood.
It is, instead, to acknowledge the range and depth of 13 remarkable and very different actresses, and also to convey, through the suggestive medium of pictures and words, an array of intriguing, troubling, inspiring and contradictory possibilities. A partial list of the roles the women in these pages have played this year would include a slave, a sex therapist, a trainer of killer whales, a randy Texas dowager, a 19th-century factory worker driven to prostitution and the two most compelling and morally complicated characters in the semicompelling, morally simplistic “Dark Knight Rising.” And also, of course, Katniss and Hushpuppy, authentic superheroes with the power to turn the world upside down.
001 Sessions from 2012 > New York Times Magazine
Recent Articles & Portraits
With the release of ‘Rust and Bone‘ (De rouille et d’os) in the US came many new articles. They are all really well worth a read and each offers something new. There are also some new portraits that came with the articles and I added digital scans of some. Enjoy!
• Wrestling a New Role Into Its Full Rebirth, New York Times, November 16
• “Rust and Bone’s” Marion Cotillard on Blockbusters vs. Independents and the Role of Marine Parks, NBC, November 19
• The Cinema Of My Country: Marion Cotillard on Rust and Bone, Crave Online, November 19
• OSCARS Q&A: Marion Cotillard, Deadline, November 21
• Marion Cotillard: motherhood can be ‘tiring’, USA Today, November 26
• Marion Cotillard digs deep in ‘Rust and Bone’, USA Today, November 26
• Interview with Marion Cotillard backstage at IFP Gotham Independent Film Awards, Examiner, November 27
• Lucky, not brave, Variety, November 29
• Marion Cotillard’s Stellar Turn in ‘Rust and Bone’, Newsweek Magazine, December 3
• Honor Roll 2012: Marion Cotillard Dances With the Fishes in ‘Rust and Bone’ and Explains How a Sex Scene Can Make You Happy for a Character, IndieWire, December 3
• Is Marion Cotillard a Shoe-In for ‘Rust and Bone’?, Popmatters, December 3
• Oscar-Worthy: An Exclusive Interview with Marion Cotillard, ComingSoon.net, December 4
• Marion Cotillard in ‘Rust and Bone’, Variety, December 4
• Interview: Marion Cotillard in Rust and Bone, Awards Daily, December 5
001 Scans from 2012 > New York Times (US) – November 16
002 Scans from 2012 > USA Today (USA) – November 27
002 Sessions from 2012 > New York Times
002 Sessions from 2012 > USA Today
More Stills from ‘Rust & Bone’
‘Rust and Bone‘ opened in New York last Friday. This brought new and/or better pictures of the movie. Enjoy!
Also, Marion Cotillard is expected today for the IFP Gotham Awards where she will receive a career tribute. Also the pre-recorded interview on Chelsea Lately Show will air later today!
004 De rouille et d’os (Rust and Bone) – 2012 > Stills
001 De rouille et d’os (Rust and Bone) – 2012 > On Set
002 Portraits > Sessions from 2012 > ‘Rust and Bone’ Promo