from USA Today / by Donna Freydkin
Don’t ask Marion Cotillard about her plans for the upcoming awards season.
“I want to celebrate the present time. I don’t want to think ahead. I want to enjoy what’s now and what’s here,” says the actress, nominated for Rust and Bone.
She plays a marine-park trainer who loses her legs in a freak accident. All along, Cotillard was a favorite to be nominated; she won the Oscar and the Globe for 2007′s La Vie en Rose. She also earned a Globe nomination for 2009′s Nine.
“I’m very happy. I’m very proud of this one. But above all, it’s the encounter with two amazing people and the crew we worked with to make this happen. I’m very happy for all of us,” she says, referring to her director and her co-star.
Her holiday plans revolve around her boyfriend,
Rust and Bone director Guillaume Canet and their son Marcel, almost 2. “My family. Home,” she says, of what’s ahead.
Does she get jittery at the thought of all the red carpets ahead of her? “I don’t get nervous at all. I’m just very happy about this movie’s journey so far,” she says.
- Reaction to Golden Globe Nomination, posted on December 13, 2012
- SAG Nomination for Marion Cotillard & Reaction, posted on December 12, 2012
- Golden Globe Nomination for Marion Cotillard!, posted on December 13, 2012
- Marion Cotillard BAFTA Interview Exclusive, posted on February 11, 2013
- ‘Rust and Bone’ Events at TIFF, posted on September 7, 2012