from Elle (UK) / by Anna Smith
‘I was turned upside down, overwhelmed with joy.’
That’s how it feels to win an Oscar, something Marion Cotillard could be experiencing again at next year’s awards if the reviews for her new film Rust and Bone are anything to go by.
Describing the film as a ‘love story’, Cotillard plays Stéphanie, a whale trainer who befriends a single father Alain (Matthias Schoenaerts) after a terrible accident. The film was a hit at this year’s Cannes Film Festival.
Despite the regular red carpet appearances that are part of the actress territory, it’s taken Cotillard a while to feel at home in front of the flash bulbs.
‘At the beginning I was mortified, so uncomfortable, but you get used to it and you find the fun. I’m very lucky that the publicists, make up artists and all those people around me are my very dear friends.’
For the London premiere of The Dark Knight Rises in July this year, Cotillard was the first person to wear one Raf Simons’ designs in his new role at Dior.
‘I LOVE his first couture collection so much, I was so happy to be able to wear one of those amazing dresses.’
We await next year’s Oscar red carpet with baited breath.
Rust and Bone is in cinemas from 2 November
- Massive 2012 Public Appearances Update, posted on November 10, 2012
- BAFTA Nomination!, posted on January 9, 2013
- ‘The Dark Knight Rises’ has been released, posted on July 20, 2012
- Marion Cotillard talks to MTV, posted on November 29, 2012
- Marion Cotillard nabs Critics’ Choice Movie Award Nomination, posted on December 11, 2012