The second episode of the new Lady Dior Documentary is online! Apart from continuing to show the process of creating Marion’s dream robe and some history of the house Dior we see Marion jumping around & dancing at a photoshoot. I wonder when we’ll see the pictures taken that day. And at the end we even hear her sing.
From the workshops at 30, avenue Montaigne to the markets of the Palais des Festivals in Cannes, Marion Cotillard invites us into her fairytale life and continues to write the story of a passion-filled union between fashion and cinema.
Visit LadyDior.com to see 3 bonus videos showing work being done close-up & another Dior history clip.
001 Documentaries > Lady Dior
After the teaser it’s finally here – the half-hour long interview with Marion Cotillard and Matthias Schoenaerts by David Poland, recorded during the Toronto Film Festival earlier this month. It’s a really good watch:
Check back for screencaptures later today.
502 Online Interviews > DP/30 – 2012
- French Film Festival Bienne, September 15
- Telluride by the Sea, September 15 (audience reactions)
- Athens International Film Festival, September 19, Opening Film
- Cinefest Sudbury International Film Festival, September 20
- Helsinki International Film Festival, September 30, Gala Screening with Jacques Audiard in attendance
- Vancouver International Film Festival, September 27+29, October 6
- Edmonton International Film Festival, October 4
- Hamptons International Film Festival, October 6
Speaking of festivals, I added more pics of Marion Cotillard during the press conference at the Toronto International Film Festival earlier this month.
International Feature Agency have what reads like a full transcript of an official Q&A or press conference. Bits of it have already been used in other articles but it’s definitely an interesting read.
And someone uploaded videos of the full Q&A that took place after the second screening of the movie (view the rest below the cut):
According to The Hollywood Reporter Marion Cotillard will receive the Hollywood Actress Award for her performance in ‘Rust & Bone‘ during the 16th annual Hollywood Film Awards Gala Ceremony on October 22 at the Beverly Hilton. Congratulations! This is the second time that she is named Actress of the Year by these awards. She has previously received it in 2007 for her performance in ‘La Vie en Rose‘.
Hollywood Film Festival founder and executive director Carlos de Abreu is quoted as saying:
“It is a privilege to honor her great talent, as well as her outstanding performance in Rust and Bone.”
This only gives proof that all the Oscarologists predicting an Oscar nomination for her might be on the right track (20 of 21 experts are currently predicting this). The Hollywood Film Awards are the first awards show of the 2012 Oscar season and interestingly, Hollywood Film Awards honorees went on to garner a total of 85 Oscar nominations and 32 Oscars in the past nine years.
There were many more articles/interviews posted from Toronto International Film Festival (and one belatedly from Telluride Film Festival) over the past few days. Videos are also slowly emerging. Apart from the ones added today there’s a sneak peak of what looks like a great & funny video with Marion Cotillard & Matthias Schoenaerts. Can’t wait for the full version!
• James Gray & Marion Cotillard Discuss How They Came Together For Next Year’s Period Piece ‘The Nightingale’, The Playlist, September 7
• Postcard from Toronto: Rubbing Elbows with Marion Cotillard, Vogue, September 7
• Marion Cotillard choosy on movie roles, Toronto Sun, September 7
• TIFF 2012: Marion Cotillard on Katy Perry, National Post, September 9
• The 14 Weirdest Dreams In Hollywood …and what they mean, Empire, October
• ‘Rust and Bone’ Production Notes
012 Events in 2012 > Toronto International Film Festival – ‘Rust and Bone’ Press Conference
080 Online Interviews > Vanity Fair – 2012
017 Award Shows & Premieres etc > ‘Rust and Bone’ Premiere – Toronto Film Festival – 2012