I finally added the lovely interview with Marion Cotillard on the Charlie Rose Show from last week. She talked about why she became an actress, her role in ‘Rust and Bone‘ – of course – and why confidence will never really be part of her life as an actress. It’s a good interview albeit too short. Let’s hope Charlie Rose’s invitation to have her back on the show to talk longer will work.
Usually, New York Times Magazine’s The Hollwyood Issue also is accompanied by behind the scenes videos. This year, they’re entitled “Wide-Awake” and feature the actresses’s dreams and transformations photoshoots. Watch them all here.
Gallery: 031 Behind the Scenes > 2012 – New York Times Magazine
Video: 001 Magazines, Photoshoots > New York Times Magazine
Sunday’s New York Magazine’s this year’s Hollywood issue and features a portfolio with 13 actresses, among them Marion Cotillard, and a lengthy article about female heroic roles in Hollywood.
It is, instead, to acknowledge the range and depth of 13 remarkable and very different actresses, and also to convey, through the suggestive medium of pictures and words, an array of intriguing, troubling, inspiring and contradictory possibilities. A partial list of the roles the women in these pages have played this year would include a slave, a sex therapist, a trainer of killer whales, a randy Texas dowager, a 19th-century factory worker driven to prostitution and the two most compelling and morally complicated characters in the semicompelling, morally simplistic “Dark Knight Rising.” And also, of course, Katniss and Hushpuppy, authentic superheroes with the power to turn the world upside down.
001 Sessions from 2012 > New York Times Magazine
With the release of ‘Rust and Bone‘ (De rouille et d’os) in the US came many new articles. They are all really well worth a read and each offers something new. There are also some new portraits that came with the articles and I added digital scans of some. Enjoy!
• Wrestling a New Role Into Its Full Rebirth, New York Times, November 16
• “Rust and Bone’s” Marion Cotillard on Blockbusters vs. Independents and the Role of Marine Parks, NBC, November 19
• The Cinema Of My Country: Marion Cotillard on Rust and Bone, Crave Online, November 19
• OSCARS Q&A: Marion Cotillard, Deadline, November 21
• Marion Cotillard: motherhood can be ‘tiring’, USA Today, November 26
• Marion Cotillard digs deep in ‘Rust and Bone’, USA Today, November 26
• Interview with Marion Cotillard backstage at IFP Gotham Independent Film Awards, Examiner, November 27
• Lucky, not brave, Variety, November 29
• Marion Cotillard’s Stellar Turn in ‘Rust and Bone’, Newsweek Magazine, December 3
• Honor Roll 2012: Marion Cotillard Dances With the Fishes in ‘Rust and Bone’ and Explains How a Sex Scene Can Make You Happy for a Character, IndieWire, December 3
• Is Marion Cotillard a Shoe-In for ‘Rust and Bone’?, Popmatters, December 3
• Oscar-Worthy: An Exclusive Interview with Marion Cotillard, ComingSoon.net, December 4
• Marion Cotillard in ‘Rust and Bone’, Variety, December 4
• Interview: Marion Cotillard in Rust and Bone, Awards Daily, December 5
On Monday, Marion Cotillard talked to MTV’s Josh Horowitz about ‘Rust and Bone‘ (De rouille et d’os), Katy Perry and that lie she told him a year ago at the ‘Contagion‘ premiere (clip) about her role in ‘The Dark Knight Rises‘. Many thanks Monica for her help with the videos. Watch on website 1 & 2.