You may have noticed that during the past few weeks I’ve kept adding articles to the press archive and also updated the gallery – especially if you’ve been following us on Twitter or Tumblr. Many thanks to Amelia and Melfan for their much-appreciated contributions to this update!!! Here’s an overview:
• Character in Rust and Bone “got right into my blood,” Marion Cotillard says, The Gazette (Canada), December 13
• ‘Rust and Bone’ Globe Nominee Marion Cotillard: ‘I Questioned Existence’, Hollywood, December 13
• Marion Cotillard cried on Rust and Bone set, Canada.com, December 14
• ‘Dark Knight Rises’ Star Marion Cotillard on Gun Violence: ‘It’s a Vicious Circle’, The Hollywood Reporter, December 15
• Marion Cotillard’s new role cuts to the ‘Bone’, Star Tribune, December 15
• Interview: Marion Cotillard of ‘Rust and Bone’, Red Eye Chicago, December 17
• Marion Cotillard gets ‘Rust and Bone’ amputee character with one image, The Canadian Express, December 19
• ‘Rust and Bone’ masterfully depicts tragedy, love, The Philadelphia Inquirer, December 20
• Interview: Marion Cotillard, Now (Canada), December 20
• ‘Rust and Bone’s’ Marion Cotillard dives head-first into roles, Los Angeles Times – Envelope, December 20
• The Argument: Marion Cotillard, Hollywood’s favourite French actress, gets unleashed in Rust and Bone, Toronto Life, December 20
• ‘Unusual love story’ moved Cotillard, Daily News, December 21
• There’s no rust on Cotillard, Toronto Sun, December 21
• ‘Rust and Bone’ brings Marion Cotillard face to face with orcas, The Seattle Times, January 6
009 Scans From 2012 > Various Clippings
001 Scans From 2012 > L’Express Styles (France) – November 7
005 Scans From 2012 > Cineplex (Canada) – December
003 Scans From 2012 > Newsweek (US) – December 10, scanned by Amelia
004 Scans From 2012 > Los Angeles Times – The Envelope (US) – December 20, scanned by Amelia
002 Scans From 2013 > Various Clippings
001 Sessions From 2012 > ‘Rust And Bone’ Promo
004 Sessions From 2012 > 7000 Fashion Magazine & L’Express Styles
001 Sessions From 2012 > Grazia
003 Sessions From 2012 > Hollywood Film Awards – Session 001
003 Sessions From 2012 > Los Angeles Times
002 Sessions From 2012 > Los Angeles Times – Envelope
005 Sessions From 2011 > L’Express Styles
005 Sessions From 2010 > L’Express Styles
001 Sessions From 2010 > New York Times Magazine
097 Sessions from 2008
161 Sessions from 2007
Also as you can see I re-added the 2007 & 2008 portrait sessions. Most of these were at one point far back in time already on this site but they’re finally back with some additions I found throughout the years. Enjoy! I’ll be completing the – now only a few – missing years soon.
And some international flair has come to the awards game: The Australian Academy of Cinema and Television Arts (AACTA) today announced the nominees in the five AACTA International Award categories, recognising international achievements in film as follows: Best Film, Best Direction, Best Screenplay, Best Actor and Best Actress:
AACTA INTERNATIONAL AWARD FOR BEST ACTRESS
Jessica Chastain. Zero Dark Thirty
Marion Cotillard. Rust and Bone
Nicole Kidman. The Paperboy
Jennifer Lawrence. Silver Linings Playbook
Emmanuelle Riva. Amour
Naomi Watts. The Impossible
The 2nd AACTA International Awards winners’ announcement event will be held in L.A., late January 2013.
Don’t forget: BAFTA awards nominations are announced tomorrow as of 7.35 am GMT by Alice Eve and Jeremy Irvine (watch live) and Oscar nominations are announced the following day, on Thursday starting at 5.30 am PT by Seth MacFarlane and Emma Stone (website). Let’s hope we’ll hear Marion Cotillard’s name among the nominees!
More awards season ‘For Your Consideration’ adverts, promoting Marion’s performance in ‘Rust & Bone‘, are being released, and I have added the latest batch of them to our Gallery.
The Vancouver Film Critics have recently announced their award nominations for this year, and they have included Marion in the Best Actress category. She is joined by Jessica Chastain and Jennifer Lawrence – they only have 3 nominees in each category, it seems.
Jessica Chastain, Zero Dark Thirty
Marion Cotillard, Rust and Bone
Jennifer Lawrence, Silver Linings Playbook
The Vancouver Film Critics Awards ceremony will take place at the Railway Club in Vancouver on Monday 7th January.
– via Awards Daily
[edit Jan 9:] Jessica Chastain was named Best Actress (source)
Luise recently added more pics of Marion Cotillard and Clive Owen on the set of ‘Blood Ties‘ on June 20.
The movie will be distributed in France by Mars Distribution and they tweeted last week that ‘Blood Ties‘ will be released in French theatres on October 30, 2013.
I also added digital scans of the December/January edition of French Premiere magazine. Apart from a small preview of the James Gray movie ‘Lowlife‘ it features a lengthy interview with Guillaume Canet about the process of writing, casting and directing ‘Blood Ties‘, his first movie in English and shot in New York, US. There’s only one picture of Marion and little information but we learn that Guillaume is a fan of hers beyond what connects them in real life.