Sunday’s New York Magazine’s this year’s Hollywood issue and features a portfolio with 13 actresses, among them Marion Cotillard, and a lengthy article about female heroic roles in Hollywood.
It is, instead, to acknowledge the range and depth of 13 remarkable and very different actresses, and also to convey, through the suggestive medium of pictures and words, an array of intriguing, troubling, inspiring and contradictory possibilities. A partial list of the roles the women in these pages have played this year would include a slave, a sex therapist, a trainer of killer whales, a randy Texas dowager, a 19th-century factory worker driven to prostitution and the two most compelling and morally complicated characters in the semicompelling, morally simplistic “Dark Knight Rising.” And also, of course, Katniss and Hushpuppy, authentic superheroes with the power to turn the world upside down.
001 Sessions from 2012 > New York Times Magazine
With the release of ‘Rust and Bone‘ (De rouille et d’os) in the US came many new articles. They are all really well worth a read and each offers something new. There are also some new portraits that came with the articles and I added digital scans of some. Enjoy!
• Wrestling a New Role Into Its Full Rebirth, New York Times, November 16
• “Rust and Bone’s” Marion Cotillard on Blockbusters vs. Independents and the Role of Marine Parks, NBC, November 19
• The Cinema Of My Country: Marion Cotillard on Rust and Bone, Crave Online, November 19
• OSCARS Q&A: Marion Cotillard, Deadline, November 21
• Marion Cotillard: motherhood can be ‘tiring’, USA Today, November 26
• Marion Cotillard digs deep in ‘Rust and Bone’, USA Today, November 26
• Interview with Marion Cotillard backstage at IFP Gotham Independent Film Awards, Examiner, November 27
• Lucky, not brave, Variety, November 29
• Marion Cotillard’s Stellar Turn in ‘Rust and Bone’, Newsweek Magazine, December 3
• Honor Roll 2012: Marion Cotillard Dances With the Fishes in ‘Rust and Bone’ and Explains How a Sex Scene Can Make You Happy for a Character, IndieWire, December 3
• Is Marion Cotillard a Shoe-In for ‘Rust and Bone’?, Popmatters, December 3
• Oscar-Worthy: An Exclusive Interview with Marion Cotillard, ComingSoon.net, December 4
• Marion Cotillard in ‘Rust and Bone’, Variety, December 4
• Interview: Marion Cotillard in Rust and Bone, Awards Daily, December 5
On Monday, Marion Cotillard talked to MTV’s Josh Horowitz about ‘Rust and Bone‘ (De rouille et d’os), Katy Perry and that lie she told him a year ago at the ‘Contagion‘ premiere (clip) about her role in ‘The Dark Knight Rises‘. Many thanks Monica for her help with the videos. Watch on website 1 & 2.
After a long break, the fifth episode of the new Lady Dior Documentary is online! It shows a little bit of what went on behind the scenes when Marion Cotillard was writing and recording the song for the last episode together with Maxim Nucci (Yodelice). Then it shows her going to the Paris Fashion Week and designing her own Dior bag as well as goofing around at the London Fillm Festival.
She’s been the face of the Lady Dior bag since 2008, the embodiment of a dynamic and refined woman. And so it was only natural that Marion Cotillard would design her perfect bag, her very own Lady Dior, as modern as it is timeless, just like her.
001 Documentaries > Lady Dior Web Docu
No, I haven’t found the acceptance speech video. But I added loads of additional pictures. WWD reports:
Cotillard received an honorary award in recognition of her film career and was so eager to collect her award, her chair flew back when she stood. “Oh my god, thank you so much,” she whispered in her charming French elocution to the good Samaritan who lifted it back up.
I also added a transcript of Marion’s interview backstage after the tribute (some really good & new questions in there), courtesy of Examiner.com, and additionally they also report the following interesting tidbit:
Later, Marion was overjoyed discussing family life and her baby. “He’s 18 months old now!” The starlet seemed in high-spirits and as a bystander put it “had the best energy out of all the talent there.” The actress stayed until the very end, and even took photos with star-struck fans outside afterwards.
Also, TV Alert: Marion Cotillard is a guest on the Charlie Rose Show tonight (Wednesday night, 11pm on PBS). Who’s excited?! I certainly am. Be sure to tune in if you live in a place where you get this show on the TV! Use PBS Stationfinder to help find out the exact time for your location (in the US).