We’re being hit with loads of news. The 56th BFI London Film Festival (October 10-21) unveiled their line-up earlier today – and guess what, ‘Rust & Bone‘ (De rouille et d’os) is on it. Not only that, it is also competing in the category Official Competition. There are 12 films in each of the 3 competitive categories. There are 2 screenings:
Saturday, October 13, 2012 at 8:30 PM
Sunday, October 14, 2012 12:30 PM
The festival’s comment to the plot synopsis of the “unpitchable” film is:
That such potentially lurid material is explored with subtlety and emotional complexity is tribute not only to Audiard, but to his extraordinary leads. Marion Cotillard is mesmerising in arguably her most challenging role yet, while up-and-comer Schoenaerts impresses mightily as an apparent lunk suddenly forced to look for his hidden resources. Rust and Bone is as punchy and abrasive as its title suggests – but intensely moving and surprisingly poetic too.
Additionally, Variety reports that Marion herself will be participating in a Screen Talk during the festival.
- ‘Rust and Bone’ on the Festival Circuit, posted on September 24, 2012
- More TIFF Coverage, posted on September 10, 2012
- ‘Rust and Bone’ Events at TIFF, posted on September 7, 2012
- ‘Rust and Bone’ to be released in France, posted on January 12, 2012
- Marion Cotillard gets ‘Rust and Bone’ amputee character with one image, posted on December 19, 2012