Once again, it’s time for a little round-up of project rumours which are inevitable when it comes to an actor as successful as Marion Cotillard:
• Gravity Sources: BleedingCool (July 24) & Hollywood Reporter (August 10)
Marion Cotillard screen-tested for the lead role of the outer space drama à la ‘Cast Away’ this summer after Angelina Jolie dropped out. However, it looks like either Scarlett Johansson or Blake Lively will get the part.
• Batman 3 Sources: ComicBookMovie.com & Batman Movie News (August 18)
Marion Cotillard was reportedly approached by the studio to play either Selina Kyle (Catwoman) or Talia al Ghul (estranged daughter of villain Ra’s al Ghul). The “inside source” goes on to say that Marion turned them down due to commitments and attachments to other projects. Basically, simple “hearsay” which has since been taken off the internet at its original source about her being approached is currently being spun into a sensational rumour across the cyberspace. Interestingly, Elle.fr writes that Marion turned down the offers due to “projects close to her heart”. I leave it to you whether they have inside information or were simply being original.
• Marsupilami The ambitious project has been discreetly developed by the production company Chez Wam since 2004 and Marion’s name was recently dropped by a Mexican newspaper in connection with it. According to Le Parisien shooting seems to start September 20 and will last until mid-January 2011. Interestingly, La Môme (La Vie en Rose)’s Production Designer Olivier Raoux is involved… Staying tuned!
- Magazines wrap-up, posted on July 20, 2012
- Marion speaks about ‘The Dark Knight Rises’, posted on May 4, 2011
- Cotillard has right number in ‘Nine’, posted on December 4, 2009
- Marion to appear in ‘The Dark Knight Rises’?, posted on February 13, 2011
- ‘Nine’ delayed & possible cast changes?, posted on November 20, 2007