Mexican media reported that Marion Cotillard will bring the story of Florence Cassez, who’s serving a 60 year sentence in Mexico for kidnapping but is claiming her innocence, to the big screen. Florence Cassez herself confirmed to AFP that Marion Cotillard has indeed visited her at the prison in Tepepan (Mexico) on April 7 for over 3 hours – flying in especially from New York for the day. However, the visit wasn’t about a movie project:
Between Marion and me there has never been any talk of a movie project.
We’ve been in touch over the phone for months. She joined my support committee in France. I then contacted her over the phone for the first time on January 25 to thank her. And then I called her regularly because this great friendship sprang up between us.
It was a very good meeting between friends and we did not want to publicize it. We’re just two women of the same age, we share the same values, the same desires, we have much in common.
[edit:] Florence’s mother, Charlotte Cassez, confirms all of the above in an interview with Le Figaro.
- Florence Cassez’s Exhibition Opening, posted on December 8, 2012
- New scans #1 – Various, posted on February 17, 2008
- ‘Lady Blue’ Publicity, posted on May 15, 2010
- Portraits of the leading ladies of film in Bafta exhibition, posted on January 17, 2014
- Film rumour #1, posted on August 16, 2009