Exciting news! Deadline.com just reported that Marion Cotillard together with Joaquin Phoenix and possibly Jeremy Renner will star in writer/director James Gray’s next movie called ‘Low Life‘. With all the actors currently being busy shooting is scheduled to begin next year. What is it about?
Marion Cotillard will play a woman attempting to immigrate from Poland. Her American dream turns into a nightmare. While sailing to Ellis Island and a new start, her sister grows deathly ill and she is forced to trade sexual favors for medicine and food to keep her sister alive. Once they land, she is warned to keep quiet about what happened. Though she does, she walks away with immigration papers that deem her a woman with bad morals. With no place to go, she falls prey to a charming sleazebag (Phoenix), who persuades her to turn tricks in New York. Renner is close to signing on to play the sleazebag’s cousin, a magician who sweeps the young woman off her feet and is her best chance to escape the nightmarish life she has fallen into.
- James Gray Movie is called ‘Nightingale’, posted on September 2, 2012
- Status ‘Low Life’, ‘Rust & Bone’ & ‘Blood Ties’, posted on March 27, 2012
- Interview Marion Cotillard, posted on May 21, 2013
- ‘Rust and Bone’ masterfully depicts tragedy, love, posted on December 20, 2012
- James Gray & Marion Cotillard Discuss How They Came Together For Next Year’s Period Piece ‘The Nightingale’, posted on September 7, 2012