As reported by Le Film Français last Thursday, Marion Cotillard will be narrating the documentary ‘Voyage sous les mers 3D‘, directed by Jean-Jacques Mantello and produced by his brother François. Thanks to her involvement the project will receive more attention from the media and thus help bring the importance of the environment’s protection more to people’s attention.
The film will be released in cinemas across France August 26, 2009. Titled ‘OceanWorld 3D‘ the documentary is also set for a US release in 2009, no specific date is yet available. However, my guess is that someone else will be providing the English narration (IMDb listing).
A tribute to the ocean, “Oceans 3D” takes viewers on a voyage through, among others, Californian kelp forests, the Great Barrier Reef in Australia, and Roca Partida Island off the coast of Mexico, which is home to thousands of sharks. Audiences will witness some of the most spectacular and unforgettable scenes of life beneath the waves ever captured in 3D: the manta ray’s enchanting ballet; the noble procession of hammerhead sharks; the lion fish’s relentless hunt; a group of young dolphins playing algae-football; the astonishing beauty of the Spanish dancer sea slug; and a unique encounter with the largest cetaceans on the planet.
- Marion Cotillard to film in Veracruz?, posted on April 26, 2010
- Vogue Italy – March, posted on March 14, 2008
- Lady Dior Web Documentary – Episode 2: Up and Up, posted on September 25, 2012
- Lady Dior Web Documentary – Episode 5: 360° Bag, posted on November 29, 2012
- ‘Mouchoirs’ wins at 18th Trophées du Film français, posted on February 5, 2011