While making a visit to the online world – these visits have become rather rare these days, sorry – I came across the fantastic news of Marion Cotillard being nominated for a Satellite Award as Best Actress in a Motion Picture – Drama. Congratulations!
Other nominees in this category are Julie Christie for “Away From Her”, Angelina Jolie for “A Mighty Heart”, Tilda Swinton for “Stephanie Daley”, Keira Knightly for “Atonement” and Laura Linney for “The Savages”. See the complete list of nominees here. The 12th annual ceremony will be held Dec. 16 in Century City, with awards going out in 49 categories.
Then, I must inform you all – if you haven’t found out yourself already – that Marion Cotillard has also been nominated for an European Film Award as European Actress 2007. Again, the competition included some very stellar acting talents: Marianne Faithful in “Irina Palm”, Carice van Houten in “Zwartboek” (Black Book), Anamaria Marinca in “4 Luni, 3 Saptamini Si 2 Zile” (4 Months, 3 Weeks and 2 Days), Helen Mirren in “The Queen” and Ksenia Rappoport in “La Sconosciuta”. Sadly, when the European Film Awards took place yesterday in Berlin it was Helen Mirren who won the award!
- BAFTA Nomination!, posted on January 9, 2013
- More awards news, posted on January 11, 2010
- Gotham Awards & European Film Awards, posted on December 3, 2007
- Golden Globe Nomination for Marion Cotillard!, posted on December 13, 2012
- Marion nominated by the Vancouver Film Critics, posted on December 28, 2012