PurePeople posted more details about Marion Cotillard’s upcoming special performances in Jeanne au bûcher.
The dates are now November 28 & 29, 2010 and it will be staged in the Salle Pleyel at the famous Théâtre du Châtelet in Paris. Apparently, the previously mentioned choir of 100 children will be accompanied by the Prague Symphony Orchestra (conducted by Serge Baudo). As we know Marion will play the 19 year old heroine Jeanne d’arc who is remembering important events from her life while awaiting to be burned at the stake. Xavier Gallais will play her brother Dominique.
Jeanne au bûcher is an oratorio – a large musical composition including an orchestra, a choir, and soloists. There is generally little or no interaction between the characters, and no props or elaborate costumes. See pictures of Marion taking part in the same oratorio back in July 2005 in Orléans.
- Background information about ‘Jeanne au bûcher’, posted on August 9, 2010
- Rewatch ‘Jeanne au bûcher’ & Screencaps, posted on November 18, 2012
- Performing ‘Jeanne au bûcher’ in Barcelona, posted on May 2, 2012
- Marion Cotillard: “Being Joan of Arc is a difficult challenge – but I love it”, posted on November 3, 2012
- Tomorrow: ‘Joan of Arc at the Stake’ Live Webcast Only on medici.tv, posted on November 16, 2012