There has been talk for almost a year now that Marion might be appearing in ‘The Dark Knight Rises’ (aka ‘Batman 3′). The rumour has again resurfaced this past weekend courtesy of Le Figaro.
Marion Cotillard in ‘Batman 3′?. The actress, who is expecting a child in the spring with Guillaume Canet, will be scarce this year. She’ll do a single film and her choice fell on ‘Batman 3′. This blockbuster produced by Warner Bros.. enables her to work with the director Christopher Nolan, with whom she had turned very successful sci-fi Inception. Marion Cotillard will join the filming this summer in Los Angeles. She will share the bill with Anne Hathaway.
Le Parisien has added fuel to the rumour in February 14 edition.
At the moment it still is an unconfirmed rumour and will remain one until official word comes from Warner Bros.
Le Figaro also excludes ‘Vivre, c’est mieux que mourir’ in its article, which is due to start filming in the fall. Pre-sales for ‘Vivre, c’est mieux que mourir’ have been launched at the European Film Market in Berlin this week.
Update: Her rep tells The Hollywood Reporter that Marion is in discussions to join the film (no additional information will be posted here until a confirmation is given).
- ‘Vivre c’est mieux que mourir’ films next fall, posted on January 23, 2011
- A New French Movie?, posted on June 19, 2010
- Marion in talks to star in ‘Inception’, posted on April 2, 2009
- ‘Vivre c’est mieux que mourir’ Officially Announced, posted on October 1, 2010
- ‘The Dark Knight Rises’ Trailer, posted on January 12, 2012