French actress and Oscar winner Marion Cotillard is the latest addition to a star-studded Morocco Film Festival jury
Oscar Winner Marion Cotillard will join American director Martin Scorsese on this year’s jury for the 13th annual Marrakech Film Festival, which will run 29 November – 7 December.
Besides Scorsese, who was named president of the jury, and Cotillard, the jury is stacked with big names, including Oscar nominee Patricia Clarkson, this year’s best director winner at the Cannes Film Festival, Amat Escalante, Cannes regular Paolo Sorrentino, Korean director Park Chan-wook (famous for his film Old Boy), and Turkish director Fatih Akin.
The jury votes on the festival’s top prize, the Golden Star, for best film, as well as the jury prize, best actor and best actress.
The festival will pay tribute to Scandinvaian cinema on 5 December.
The full line-up is expected to be announced later this week.
- The Immigrant going to New York Film Festival, posted on August 19, 2013
- Upcoming Cannes Festival & Pictures From Last Year, posted on May 11, 2010
- More Pictures from Marrakech, posted on December 5, 2010
- ‘De rouille et d’os’ Press Conference, posted on May 19, 2012
- Marion in Cannes – May 18, posted on May 23, 2010