ComingSoon.net just reported Warner Bros. Pictures’ announcement from earlier today that Marion Cotillard and Joseph Gordon-Levitt have – after much speculation – officially joined the cast of ‘The Dark Knight Rises, the epic conclusion to the Dark Knight legend helmed by Christopher Nolan. This will be quite the ‘Inception‘ re-union since both Marion and Joseph as well as already confirmed cast members Michael Caine and Tom Hardy were directed by Christopher Nolan in that movie.
Cotillard will appear as Miranda Tate, a Wayne Enterprises board member eager to help a still-grieving Bruce Wayne resume his father’s philanthropic endeavors for Gotham.
Gordon-Levitt will play John Blake, a Gotham City beat cop assigned to special duty under the command of Commissioner Gordon.
The Hollywood Reporter has this quote from Christopher Nolan:
When you collaborate with people as talented as Marion and Joe, it comes as no surprise that you would want to repeat the experience. I immediately thought of them for the roles of Miranda and Blake, and I am looking forward to working with both of them again.
- ‘Inception’ will get IMAX release, posted on October 1, 2009
- This & That, posted on April 30, 2009
- New ‘The Dark Knight Rises’ Trailer, posted on May 2, 2012
- ‘The Dark Knight Rises’ – Stills & Featurette, posted on August 17, 2012
- Interview: The Cast of Inception on The Buzziest Movie of the Summer, posted on July 14, 2010