On a break from filming Nine, Marion Cotillard was present next to the Mayor of Paris Bertrand Delanoë earlier tonight when the lights at the famous Champs-Elysées were illuminated. The lights in celebration of the forthcoming Christmas and New Year festivities were installed on a total of 415 trees along 2 kilometres on the “most beautiful road of the world”. To celebrate France’s presidency in the European Union the lights are in a blue shade this year. As reported by AFP, for two years now, new generation diodes have been used for the Champs-Elysées illumination. Thus the energy costs are reportedly cut by 70 %. A fact which ecology loving Marion Cotillard certainly appreciates. I am currently trying to find good pictures of her at the event. Stay tuned!
Ms. Cotillard was also interviewed on French radio station RTL this morning and RTL have an excerpt of it on their website. She talks about being back home for the afore-mentioned ceremony as well as the infamous 9/11 comments. I’m currently working on getting an accurate translation so there’s no need to start asking for it.
- Champs Elysées Lights Switch-on: Pictures & Videos, posted on November 23, 2008
- Older event galleries, posted on June 16, 2008
- Marion promotes ‘Nine’ in Italy, posted on January 13, 2010
- Some new pictures, posted on December 11, 2008
- Marion on the cover of Neoplanète, posted on October 20, 2008