Congratulations! Variety reports that Marion Cotillard will receive a career tribute during the 22nd Annual Gotham Independent Film Awards ceremony held on November 26 at Cipriani Wall Street in downtown Manhattan. Other tributes will go to Matt Damon, director David O Russell and Participant Media’s Jeff Skoll. The ceremony will also award winners in seven competish categories including feature, documentary, breakthrough director and actor, and ensemble.
Joana Vicente, Executive Director of the Independent Film Project, which run the Gotham Awards, is quoted as saying:
It is with pride and great pleasure that we give tribute to these luminaries, each of whom plays an amazing role in expanding the language of film, breaking boundaries along the way. Each has a unique voice and clearly defined vision of cinema for the current generation, bringing perspective and relevance to the film world today (Source).
Marion Cotillard is not only a delight to watch, she is one of the most talented women working in cinema around the world today. Her acting choices are always challenging and rewarding, and her performances show that she is a truly skilled artist, totally dedicated to her craft. We are so honored to present this Tribute to a woman of her magnitude (Source).
- 22nd Annual Gotham Independent Film Awards, posted on November 28, 2012
- More from Gotham Awards & Charlie Rose Show, posted on November 29, 2012
- Gotham Awards & European Film Awards, posted on December 3, 2007
- Marrakech Film Festival is open, posted on December 4, 2010
- Interview with Marion Cotillard backstage at IFP Gotham Independent Film Awards, posted on November 28, 2012