For the 7th time Cannes organized the art concept ‘Cannes fait le mur’ on the occasion of the Cannes Film Festival. To celebrate the 60th edition of the festival 17 giant portraits are hung on the city’s walls beginning May 16 until July 15. Photographer Denis Rouvre shot French stars Emma de Caunes, Vincent Cassel, Gaspard Ulliel, Morgan Freeman, Laetitia Casta, Jean Dujardin and Marion Cotillard. Their portraits decorate the following buildings: Alexandra à La Bocca, Médiathèque Espace Ranguin, lycée Jules Ferry, l’hôtel de Ville, Hotels Renoir and HotelCannes Riviera. For the first time also in the street rue d’Antibes portraits are hung up. These feature Elijah Wood, Alain Delon, Kevin Bacon, Samuel Lee Jackson, Diane Kruger, Rosy de Palma, Matt Damon, David Caradine, Tom Hanks and Maiwenn.
So if you’re in Cannes anytime during the next few weeks you know what to do: look for the Marion poster. My guess is they’re using this picture.
- ‘The Golden Hat’ by Kate Winslet, posted on March 25, 2011
- Academy Awards Luncheon & Chopard Event, posted on February 6, 2008
- Upcoming Cannes Festival & Pictures From Last Year, posted on May 11, 2010
- Marion & Guillaume back in 2001, posted on June 4, 2010
- Marion in Cannes – May 18, posted on May 23, 2010