Another brilliant interview was published in the UK today. This time in The Independent. While none of the topics mentioned are actually new the answers about her work in both French and American movies, her recent career developments as well as about dealing with the media do contain additional insight so be sure to read.
• Marion Cotillard: ‘I’m really normal! Well, not that normal. I’m an actress’, The Independent, April 3
I just wanna do movies. I don’t have a plan. I’m so lucky to have the opportunity to work with some directors and some actors I wouldn’t have dared to think I would work with one day. And now I know that everything is possible. So, it’s very exciting. But I don’t have in my mind whether I do an American movie or a French movie. It’s just [that] the stories come and… if I recognised myself in the story, I wanna be part of it. That’s how it happens.
Talking of stories coming her way, Baz Bamigboye reports in The Daily Mail that Marion Cotillard is on on a wish list of actresses to play Fantine in the movie adaptation of the musical ‘Les Misérables‘ which in turn in based on Victor Hugo’s book. Tom Hooper – fresh off Oscar-winning The King’s Speech‘ – is in negotiations to sign as director. Once the crucial part of lead character Valjean’s been cast filming could start next year, apparently.
- Marion Cotillard’s Life in Pink, posted on December 5, 2007
- Cotillard: I like mixing it up, posted on October 18, 2012
- Cotillard: Every day is magical, posted on July 2, 2009
- Marion Cotillard on La Vie on Rose and Oscars, posted on February 7, 2008
- Marion Cotillard Interview PUBLIC ENEMIES, posted on July 2, 2009