Awards season is in full swing and the various Film Critics Circles and Societies are announcing their winners – considered Oscar precursors. Yesterday afternoon, the Boston Society of Film Critics announced their winners and Marion Cotillard was named Best Actress! Congratulations! Read the Variety report on the winners.
Scott Feinberg posted a blog entry with information about what was going on behind the scenes: how the winners were determined and, since no runner-ups were announced, who/what else was in contention.
Marion Cotillard won Best Actress handily on the second ballot. Apparently, the only others with any real support at all were Julie Christie and Ellen Page.
And the always informative blog Marion Cotillard’s Road to Oscar is pointing out that Marion is the first actress from a foreign language film to be awarded by the BSFC since 1982.
- Marion Cotillard nabs Critics’ Choice Movie Award Nomination, posted on December 11, 2012
- Awards #3: Nominations, posted on December 13, 2007
- More Awards Updates, posted on December 19, 2007
- Awards #2: Los Angeles Film Critics Awards, posted on December 10, 2007
- Scoop, posted on September 6, 2007