During the Cannes Film Festival it was announced that Romain Duris would work again with director Pascal Chaumeil – together they delivered the hit movie ‘L’Arnacoeur‘. The title of the new project is ‘Vivre c’est mieux que mourir‘ – which translates roughly to ‘Better alive than dead’. Interestingly, Wednesday’s issue of French newspaper L’Express listed the project at the end of an article about the balance between commercial and indie productions.
Vivre c’est mieux que mourir, by Pascal Chaumeil. Comedy with Marion Cotillard and Romain Duris, written by six screenwriters, including Laurent Zeitoun.
The movie is an Action Comedy, in which a hotel employee has to act as a scriptwriter to get out of a messy situation in which he put himself. He actually has the habit of stealing from hotel guests. But then one day he’s caught by a Hollywood Producer-Director. Clever as he is he will charm the producer and convince him to develop a movie about espionage. Sounds intriguing and I can’t wait to hear more about the possible involvement of Marion in it. Huge thank you to Nadine for finding this information!
- ‘Vivre c’est mieux que mourir’ films next fall, posted on January 23, 2011
- Director confirms “Vivre c’est mieux que mourir”, posted on June 29, 2010
- ‘Vivre c’est mieux que mourir’ Officially Announced, posted on October 1, 2010
- Vogue Diaries: The Cast of ‘Nine’, posted on October 15, 2009
- Marion to appear in ‘The Dark Knight Rises’?, posted on February 13, 2011