Everyone who has had the pleasure of seeing Marion Cotillard in La Vie en Rose already (the film has just opened in the UK and USA) will agree that her performance is worthy of every award out there. So it will come as no surprise to us that Marion Cotillard has been awarded the award (Swann d’0r which means Golden Swan) for Best Actress at the 21st Cabourg Romantic Film Festival in France on June 16. This is certainly the first of many more to come. Congratulations!!!
Awarded the Best Actor trophy was Guillaume Canet. The 2 visited the festival before – also together – in 2003 to promote Love Me If You Dare.
Considering Marion Cotillard hasn’t signed up for a new project to follow up ‘La Môme’ yet and her statement that she would like to take a break for a while you may find the following interesting: A local newspaper reports her saying at the festival that she still has “a ‘hunger’ for new roles and more beautiful stories to tell”. Isn’t that a relief?
Many thanks for the help with the pictures goes once again to Mariana!
- Variety writes about ‘Last Flight’, posted on May 15, 2008
- Desert Palm Achievement Actress Award, posted on December 30, 2009
- Updates on Marion’s Upcoming Movies, posted on May 16, 2010
- Watch out for… Marion Cotillard, posted on September 27, 2007
- Public Appearances from 1998 to 2000, posted on November 10, 2012