Apart from the fact that Marion’s multiple former co-star (Love Me If You Dare and The Last Flight) and boyfriend Guillaume Canet is the script author and director of her new movie Les Petits Mouchoirs there are more connections. She will be re-united with former co-stars Gilles Lelouche (Love Me If You Dare and Ma vie en l’air) and Benoit Magimel (Lisa and Fair Play). Other cast members include Francois Cluzet, Anne Marivin and Jean Dujardin.
Here’s the synopsis for the $25 million tragicomedy which is scheduled to shoot for 12 weeks starting August 3 (4 in Paris, 8 in Cap Ferret):
A generational tragicomedy, “Mouchoirs” follows a group of friends from Paris to the coast at Cap Ferret near Bordeaux for their traditional summer holiday together. But the mood sobers as characters confess their innermost concerns.
“In the vein of ‘The Big Chill’ and ‘Peter’s Friends,’ ‘Mouchoirs’ mixes moments of high comedy and large emotions,” Attal said at Cannes, where he’s shopping Canet’s script to sales agents, distributors and Gallic TV operators.
- ‘Les Petits Mouchoirs’ – Holiday Videos, posted on March 3, 2011
- On the set of ‘Les petits mouchoirs’, posted on August 31, 2009
- New picture from the set of ‘Les petits mouchoirs’, posted on September 20, 2009
- Marion kind of talks ‘Inception’, posted on October 2, 2009
- An Interview with Marion Cotillard, posted on March 30, 2011