The success story of ‘Midnight in Paris‘ is continuing. It has now taken $50 million at the U.S. box office – and is now Woody Allen’s top-grossing film of all time at the US box office. It had overtaken both Vicky Cristina Barcelona and Match Point‘s gross of $23.2 million in late June and has since beaten the $40.1 million earned 25 years ago by Hannah and Her Sisters.
Sony Pictures Classics have now announced their plans for a wide US re-release of ‘Midnight in Paris‘ as of August 26 (likely to expand to 900-1000 theatres as opposed to the current 400). The re-release will be accompanied by new TV ads. It seems like the studio to get the best out of the movie – both in terms of profit and Oscar buzz.
Also ‘Midnight in Paris‘ was released in theatres in German speaking territory (Germany, Austria & Switzerland) yesterday.
- More Stills & Clips from ‘Midnight in Paris’, posted on May 31, 2011
- ‘Midnight in Paris’ out in US Cinemas, posted on May 26, 2011
- ‘Les petits mouchoirs’ over 3 million entries, posted on November 8, 2010
- ‘Inception’ at the Box Office, posted on July 21, 2010
- ‘Midnight in Paris’ Trailer, posted on March 28, 2011