After many ‘Les petits mouchoirs‘ (Little White Lies) advance screenings in France – even one that was kept rather quiet in Paris but which Marion & Guillaume attended – the official world premiere took place earlier this afternoon during the Toronto International Film Festival. Marion Cotillard looked effortlessly chic in a somewhat new look. Together with director Guillaume Canet and co-star Gilles Lellouche I’d say a very handsome & charming trio represented the movie in Canada.
After some technical difficulties to screen the movie with subtitles there were two screenings at another venue to make up for the annoyance. The first English reviews are out by The Hollywood Reporter and Variety – though especially the latter is spoilery and not only positive.
And the ever-lovely, always genuine Cotillard.
- The Hollywood Reporter
Cotillard offers a strong presence, though Marie’s character feels too diffuse.
- ‘Little White Lies’ Promotion, posted on June 19, 2011
- ‘Les Petits Mouchoirs’ Goodies, posted on August 24, 2010
- ‘Les Petits Mouchoirs’ Trailer & More, posted on July 27, 2010
- Pictures from the Toronto International Film Festival, posted on September 30, 2010
- ‘Little White Lies’ out in Australia this month, posted on June 1, 2011