A few hours ago, the press embargo on ‘Inception‘ was lifted and the reviews have been pouring in! And they’re absolutely raving! To get an overview – without getting spoilers – please visit Nolan Fans’ Review Post. Here some Marion quotes I found:
Marion Cotillard, who keeps surprising us with her versatility. She explodes off the screen here – like a vivid flame, flickering in and out.
- Awards Daily
And although she has less screen time than the rest of the cast, Cotillard shines as the film’s cloest thing to a femme fatale. She’s certainly better served here than she was in Public Enemies.
The actors certainly give it their all: Cotillard is a presence both sultry and menacing.
A terrific Marion Cotillard
- Box Office Magazine
In Inception that loss of control – the scariest thing Nolan can imagine, it seems – is represented in the haunting beauty of Marion Cotillard.
There’s another very good comment about Marion from HitFix.com – but it’s a bit spoiler-ish so I’m putting it below the cut.
Cotillard spends the entire film as a ghost, an echo, a memory that manages to keep opening fresh wounds in Dom’s heart and his mind, and it’s agonizing work to watch. All of the film’s mysteries hinge on Cotillard’s character, and I’m amazed how uncomfortable she made me in the film. There’s no make-up on her, no special effects to make her frightening. It’s the emotional content of the sequences she’s in that left me deeply unsettled, and in a way, my one hesitation about the film is just how raw and difficult it is.
- Marion Cotillard On The Complex Secrets Of Christopher Nolan’s ‘Inception’, posted on June 24, 2009
- SAG Nomination for Marion Cotillard & Reaction, posted on December 12, 2012
- The Immigrant Trailer & new Lady Dior campaign, posted on October 30, 2013
- Interview: The Cast of Inception on The Buzziest Movie of the Summer, posted on July 14, 2010
- Weekend of Press Junkets and Q&As, posted on November 8, 2012