As part of Variety‘s SAG Preview: Actors on Actors Feature Marion Cotillard said the following about Kate Winslet as Adele in ‘Labour Day‘:
Kate, I love you. The first time I saw you was in “Heavenly Creatures.” I knew then that I would follow you forever. I felt so deeply connected because that’s what you do.
You connect us in the deepest way to all these women you portray. You embody them, personify them, and there is nothing ever self-conscious about it. And with such simplicity! Watching you in “Labor Day,” I felt scared, excited and touched deeply. I felt despair, fear, joy … and then ultimately love. Because that’s what you were going through and you made me feel it. What I feel when I watch you onscreen is that you enter into people and you move them. So thank you for the emotion, for the connection and for the love.
- Marion Cotillard on Nicole Kidman in ‘Rabbit Hole’, posted on November 29, 2010
- Marion Cotillard, posted on April 11, 2011
- Actors on Actors by Variety, posted on December 2, 2010
- Interview: Marion Cotillard, posted on June 7, 2007
- Capturing the Sparrow, posted on June 9, 2007