Since 2003 UNICEF France has been organizing Frimousses de Créateurs where famous designers create dolls which are then sold to help vaccinate thousands of children in Darfur. This year’s edition is called Les Frimousses font leur cinéma! – meaning its theme is cinema.
Early October Voila.fr reported that Guillaume Canet, Marion Cotillard, Isabelle Adjani and Yamina Benguigui would take part. The dolls have now been unveiled – Marion Cotillard designed her doll herself, Guillaume’s doll was created in collaboration with Dior Homme. See them all on PurePeople.
The dolls will be put in an exhibition at the Petit Palais in Paris from November 29 to December 5 and will then be sold by Drouot Montaigne on December 7, 2010. Selected dolls will also be sold by First Luxe from November 29 to December 12, 2010. Source: Unicef France.
- Dolls for Children in Darfur, posted on December 9, 2010
- Unveiling of Dior’s Christmas Window Display at Printemps Department Store, posted on November 2, 2012
- Launch of Printemps Haussmann Christmas Illuminations, posted on November 10, 2012
- On the Cover of Paris Match, posted on December 16, 2010
- Lady Dior in Grey London, posted on October 19, 2010