Yesterday, Marion Cotillard, together with co-star Matthias Schoenaerts, first attended a ‘Rust and Bone‘ lunch at Brasserie Ruhlmann in New York organized by Peggy Siegal. You may want to read this article by Word and Film about the lunch. New York Post quotes her as saying:
The Oscar-winning beauty, who plays an orca trainer who loses her legs in “Rust and Bone,” said she can understand her character’s sense of feeling lost. “She doesn’t feel life, so she is pretty violent and cold and tough because she protects herself from being empty in a way. I know that feeling to be lost . . . Not now, but a few years ago when I was lost and didn’t know the purpose of life. You know, when you start asking questions to yourself and you don’t have any answers and you’re just lost? It happens to many people.”
Marion Cotillard then headed to TheTimesCenter for the TimesTalk, which was also live-streamed, and gave a really interesting interview about her career, mostly since ‘La Vie en Rose‘ and the process of acting, preparing for a role and leaving a character behind. It’s definitely worth watching!
For both events she was wearing an elegant Azzedine Alaia pleated dress with black court shoes. I added some pictures – and again, thank you so much Luciana for helping with many of the pictures!
- AFI Fest: ‘Rust and Bone’ Premiere & Tribute to Marion Cotillard, posted on November 6, 2012
- Massive 2012 Public Appearances Update, posted on November 10, 2012
- Lucky, not brave, posted on November 29, 2012
- 50mn inside’s Marion Cotillard segment, posted on November 11, 2012
- More Stills from ‘Rust & Bone’, posted on November 26, 2012