Just ahead of the opening of the Cannes Film Festival – and the world premiere of ‘Midnight in Paris‘ – next Wednesday French magazine Madame Figaro‘s special Cannes issue is hitting newsstands this Saturday. Guess who’s gracing the cover: Marion Cotillard! The beautiful photoshoot is none other than the one we’ve been anticipating to see more of.
According to a preview of the article – courtesy of PurePeople (view via Google Translator) – the birth of her child is expected before the opening of the festival and she is not for a second contemplating marching the steps for the opening of her new movie – even if it’s the first time she’d have had the opportunity of doing so for one of her own movies en sélection and directed by Woody Allen no less. During the interview she opens up about life in recent months: apparently, being pregnant as well as being home in Paris and seeing more of her friends and family has left her being really Zen – even about being photographed by paparazzi (despite still not liking it). And she calls her part in ‘The Dark Knight Rises‘ a small one.
I can’t wait for the full interview!
[edit May 6] The full interview has been put online:
• Marion Cotillard : “J’aimerais mener une double vie”, Madame Figaro, May 7
- Madame Figaro – L.A. Confidentiel, posted on November 4, 2011
- On the Cover of Madame Figaro, posted on July 5, 2012
- Madame Figaro – Quoi de neuf? (What’s New) portfolio, posted on August 26, 2011
- 3rd Madame Figaro Cover, posted on December 11, 2009
- On the cover of Madame Figaro, posted on February 25, 2010