I have no idea whether this indeed is Marion Cotillard’s first magazine appearance but it’s certainly the first I have in my extensive magazine collection. 20 year old Marion Cotillard was promoting her first leading role in TV movie ‘Chloé‘. I’m sure you’re as excited as I am about this gem!
Filming took place in the roads of Liège during nights – it was constantly very cold. She said that director Dennis Berry had already showed her this screenplay while he directed her for an episode of ‘Highlander‘. But she didn’t want to play the part then. When the screenplay was rewritten 2 years later she wanted to play Chloé, a girl full of hope and searching for the absolute. She dove into the part saying to herself that she might never again get to play such a strong character (little did she know hehe). The nude scenes didn’t bother her as they weren’t gratuitious but rather important for the character’s credibility.
Hobbies while not filming included at the time reading and looking out the window, admiring the trees. She also had the habit of preparing Mexican dishes for her friends and serving them while they were all watching football on TV.
Kindly do not redistribute the magazine scans at another Marion Cotillard fan site as they were scanned exclusively for ‘Magnifique Marion Cotillard’. Thank you.
- Marion Cotillard la petite fugueuse, Télé Poche, June 3, 1996
002 Scans from 1996 > Télé Poche (France) – June 3
- Marion on the cover of US Vogue, posted on June 15, 2010
- Missing 2009 Scans, posted on May 8, 2011
- On the cover of Telegraph Magazine, posted on June 22, 2009
- ‘Blackbook’ Portrait Session, posted on September 28, 2009
- Scans from Elle, Premiere, L’Express Styles, Empire, posted on June 13, 2009