The Spanish newspaper El Periódico published an interview with Marion Cotillard about her upcoming performances in Arthur Honegger’s iconic 1938 oratorio Jeanne au Bûcher (“Joan of Arc at the Stake”) at the Barcelona Auditori on November 17 & 18. Marc Soustrot is conducting the Orquestra Simfònica de Barcelona i Nacional de Catalunya along with the Vivaldi, Liedercamera and Madrigal choirs. As previously announced the November 17 performance will be presented by medici.tv in a Live Webcast (2pm EST). Check out our past updates as well as their press release in English for more information.
Anyway, back to the interview. In it she talks about why this project means so much to her that she is reprising the role after performing the oratorio already in her hometown Orléans back in 2005, how her parents performed it when she was a child, what the challenges of the performances will be as well as wardrobe choices! I translated the article with help of Google Translator and a dictionary. I hope I got it right. Enjoy!
• Marion Cotillard: “Being Joan of Arc is a difficult challenge – but I love it”, El Periódico, November 3
002 Scans from 2012 > El Periódico (Spain) – November 3
- Performing ‘Jeanne au bûcher’ in Barcelona, posted on May 2, 2012
- Marion Cotillard: “Being Joan of Arc is a difficult challenge – but I love it”, posted on November 3, 2012
- Marion Cotillard in ‘Joan at the Stake’ for New York Philharmonic, posted on January 22, 2014
- Tomorrow: ‘Joan of Arc at the Stake’ Live Webcast Only on medici.tv, posted on November 16, 2012
- Rewatch ‘Jeanne au bûcher’ & Screencaps, posted on November 18, 2012