Today begins Florence Cassez’s 8th year of imprisonement in Mexico. Marion Cotillard is one of her supportes who believe that she’s innocent. Back in April she visited her in her prison in Tepepan and it was reported that she frequently talks to her on the phone. On Thursday, Marion Cotillard together with France’s first lady Valérie Trierweiler and journalist and news anchor Mélissa Theuriau lent their support to Florence Cassez by attending the opening of an exhibition of her paintings – made in prison – together with her parents and her lawyer at the town hall of the 12th district in Paris. Marion Cotillard spoke to Canal+:
I’ve always been convinced that she’s innocent – from the beginning. I couldn’t really explain why. And then I really studied her file and I realized that there was nothing in the file that hold up. We are both the same age, so I think… Well, I don’t know if this is what touched me… I saw pictures of her and something happened, I can’t really explain what but she’s a very dear friend now. I just can’t wait for her to be released.
001 Other Public Appearances > Florence Cassez
- Not Involved in Biopic about Florence Cassez, posted on May 2, 2012
- Marion to attend Silent Gathering to support Suu Kyi, posted on October 5, 2009
- Public Appearances from 2001 and 2002, posted on August 30, 2013
- Christian Dior & Chinese Artists, posted on November 23, 2008
- Marrakech Film Festival is open, posted on December 4, 2010