Today, Saturday, Aung San Suu Kyi was released after more than seven years of house arrest. She’s Myanmar’s democracy leader, received the 1991 Peace Nobel Prize and has been Honour Citizen of Paris city since 2004. At Paris town hall in front of a portrait of Aung San Suu Kyi people gathered for a solidarity event. Among them Paris mayor Bertrand Delanoe, Marion Cotillard and British singer Jane Birkin. The inscription on the portrait banner read “Aung San Suu Kyi, Free Honour Citizen of Paris City”. Watch news videos with some footage of Marion by TF1 and MI6. There are also some pictures online by Cyril Abbas.
- Marion to attend Silent Gathering to support Suu Kyi, posted on October 5, 2009
- Marion on ‘Le Grand Journal’ tonight, posted on October 6, 2009
- Illumination of Champs-Elysées, posted on November 19, 2008
- More 2009 pictures & Event Alert, posted on May 31, 2009
- Pictures from Silent Gathering, posted on October 9, 2009