FLIGHT PATTERNS: Marion Cotillard is trading her aviator look for belle of the ball. The Oscar-winning actress, who just returned from Morocco where she wrapped filming “The Last Voyage of Lancaster,” in which she plays an aviator, was on her way to Christian Dior Friday morning to meet couturier John Galliano for a fitting ahead of Monday night’s Costume Institute ball at the Met. “I’m about to leave and get that dress,” she said after a screening of a seven-minute film in support of the Lady Dior handbag that will debut on the Internet next month. Not that Cotillard was eager to dump her flight gear. “I love that look: the helmet, the goggles, the jacket, everything. It’s very masculine. You feel confident,” she said. Next up for the actress is a role in Christopher Nolan’s “Inception” and a French film by her boyfriend – and “Lancaster” co-star – Guillaume Canet.
- Another project with Guillaume Canet?, posted on April 30, 2009
- Variety writes about ‘Last Flight’, posted on May 15, 2008
- Lady Dior: A Web Documentary, posted on August 17, 2012
- Lady Dior updates, posted on December 9, 2009
- More from the new Lady Dior Campaign & Behind the Scenes, posted on March 22, 2013