from Press Association
Marion Cotillard has confessed working with her director partner Guillaume Canet can sometimes be heaven, but sometimes be “hell”.
The Oscar-winning actress stars in new crime thriller Blood Ties, which Guillaume wrote and directed. The couple have been together since 2007 and have a two-year-old son.
Marion revealed: “The difficulty of having your partner working on a set, it’s hard to explain.
“I really want him to be happy with everything he wants, and sometimes when it doesn’t work… I’m not [just] talking about me acting, I would do anything to give him what he wants, but the general things that happen on set, when he’s not happy, it touches me deeply.
“But it’s really, really, interesting to be in the life of someone who’s in the creative process. Even though sometimes it’s really hard to live, sometimes it’s heaven and sometimes it’s hell.”
But Marion, who has been directed by Guillaume before, as well as acted opposite him, revealed she does her best to support him.
She said: “I’m being supportive because this creative process is very intense. You really open your mind and your heart and your soul to what you’re going to give your actors and your crew and eventually the audience. It’s really interesting to watch closely, and I’ve always been very impressed to watch him working.”
Blood Ties also stars Clive Owen, James Caan, Mila Kunis, Zoe Saldana, Billy Crudup and Matthias Schoenaerts.
- Five things we learned at the press conference for Blood Ties, featuring Marion Cotillard, posted on September 11, 2013
- Marion Cotillard and Guillaume Canet partners of a different kind in ‘Blood Ties’, posted on September 10, 2013
- New ‘Blood Ties’ Stills & Poster, posted on October 3, 2013
- ‘Blood Ties’ Premieres at Cannes, posted on May 22, 2013
- There’s no rust on Cotillard, posted on December 21, 2012