Tribute Entertainment is running a contest where you can win free passes to the Canadian premiere of Marion Cotillard’s new movie “The Dark Knight Rises.” All you have to do is design a new movie poster and submit it online to entered. There are also secondary prizes available. The contest is open to all legal residents of Canada (including Quebec). Click this link to enter!
The above new still is from a sneak peak for the new issue of Empire, on sale May 31 – which will feature a 23-page spread on all things ‘The Dark Knight Rises‘, hopefully there will be more Marion-related material in the issue.
001 Movies > The Dark Knight Rises – 2012 > Stills
As previously announced Iranian director Asghar Farhadi and producer Alexandre Mallet-Guy were awarded Media prize of the European Union earlier today for their upcoming project. I haven’t been able to find an extensive report about it but here are bits and pieces I found:
“I’m very pleased that Marion Cotillard has joined us in this amazing adventure,” Mallet-Guy said in an exclusive announcement with French film trade Le FilmFrançais. Details of the storyline are under wraps while Farhadi finalises the script. Mallet-Guy revealed, however, that the film will be an emotional social thriller in the vein of A Separation, with multiple twists aimed at keeping the audience in suspense from the first frame to the last. (ScreenDaily).
Tahar Rahim is confirmed as co-star and an Iranian actor, whose deal is still being finalized, will also join the cast (Variety).
It will be filmed next fall in Paris and the suburbs. The release is planned for Spring 2013 (Le Figaro).
Farhadi didn’t provide any more details. He said that “when asked about a film that has already been made I haven’t much to say. But I now realize it’s even harder to talk about a film that hasn’t even been made yet.” (Yahoo).
“Marion Cotillard accepted the part in my next film at our first meeting. My script will be finalized the day before shooting starts. Afterwards not a line will be changed” (EcranNoir 1, 2).
“She is one of the few actresses who can express complex emotions” (Focus.de).
Yesterday, Le Figaro mentioned in their Cannes article that Marion Cotillard will be filming the new movie by Iranian director Asghar Farhadi in Paris in the fall. What do we know about it?
Back in January The Daily Beast reported:
Farhadi is currently working on a screenplay with acclaimed writer Yazmina Reza, who penned the play God of Carnage, that he hopes to shoot in France soon; he has approached Tahar Rahim (A Prophet) and Marion Cotillard for leads.
Various casting sites posted an ad on Saturday looking for 2 girls (10 and 14 years old) to play the daughters of Marion’s character.
Payvand Iran News reported:
The acclaimed Iranian director Asghar Farhadi will shoot a French-language film in Paris next fall. The news was announced by Memento Films’ Alexandre Mallet-Guy, who told the press that further details about the film will be released at the Cannes Film Festival in May.
Mallet-Guy did say, however, that the film is not the previously announced love story between an Iranian girl and a North African boy set in Paris.
And finally, director Asghar Farhadi will be awarded first EU MEDIA prize on Sunday, May 20, during the Cannes Film Festival for this mystery project. Hopefully, this is when we’ll get more information.
“I am proud to give this award to Mr Farhadi today for this film project which has a strong cultural identity and illustrates the openness of European culture, which I defend daily.After the worldwide success of his masterpiece “A Separation”, he gives us a project which is committed and moving in equal measure and above all draws on universality” said Ms Vassiliou.
Asghar Farhadi said, “In these times when certain politicians are trying to turn the beautiful rainbow of cultural diversity in the world into differences and confrontations, I believe that this MEDIA award for my next film project is a very encouraging sign. I would therefore like to warmly thank the MEDIA programme, and commend it for its lucid and open vision of mutual and respectful exchanges between cultures.”
According to the Orquestra Simfònica de Barcelona (OBC)‘s 2012/2013 Season Programme Marion Cotillard will finally reprise her role as Joan of Arc in Arthur Honegger’s oratorio Jeanne au bûcher (Joana a la foguera) on November 17 and 18 under the directon of Marc Soustrot. She will be accompanied by the choirs Liedercamera, Madrigal and Vivaldi. The concert will be transmitted live on Medici TV on November 17, 2012. The concerts are held in honour of the 600th anniversary of Joan of Arc’s birth.
Read more about Marion Cotillard’s long history with the oratorio in our news archive.
Mexican media reported that Marion Cotillard will bring the story of Florence Cassez, who’s serving a 60 year sentence in Mexico for kidnapping but is claiming her innocence, to the big screen. Florence Cassez herself confirmed to AFP that Marion Cotillard has indeed visited her at the prison in Tepepan (Mexico) on April 7 for over 3 hours – flying in especially from New York for the day. However, the visit wasn’t about a movie project:
[edit:] Florence’s mother, Charlotte Cassez, confirms all of the above in an interview with Le Figaro.