Welcome to Magnifique Marion Cotillard! Marion's best known for her award winning performance in La Vie en Rose, but you might also recognise her from movies such as Inception, Midnight in Paris, The Dark Knight Rises and The French Rust and Bone. Collecting nominations for her latest film Two Days, One Night and starring in the upcoming adaptation of Shakespeare's Macbeth, Marion Cotillard is finally making a comeback to leading roles. Not stopping at movies, Marion Cotillard is also exploring her musical talents, having toured with French rock band Yodelice and recorded a song and video with British band Metronomy. She's also taken over the fashion industry as the face of Lady Dior. All the while, she is never too busy for her family and to lend her time and name to causes she believes in. Enjoy your time here and keep checking back for all the latest news!
Sep 29, 14   Sofia   7 Comments News & Rumours

on 1 Jan, 1970

Indiewire reports that Marion Cotillard will be live chatting on Sunday, October 5, at the New York Film Festival:

For a third year in a row, the New York Film Festival will host a series of live chats, free to the public, with some of the talent attending this year’s event. Guests include Marion Cotillard; documentary veteran Albert Maysles; Timothy Spall, star of Mike Leigh’s “Mr. Turner”; “Whiplash” director Damien Chazelle; and Joshua Oppenheimer, who’s bringing “The Look of Silence” (his follow-up to “The Act of Killing”) to the festival. These new additions join the previously announced series of Directors Dialogues with filmmakers Laura Poitras, Bennett Miller, Mike Leigh, Pedro Costa and Mathieu Amalric and Kathryn Bigelow.

Sunday, October 5

1:00PM: A Conversation with Marion Cotillard
One of the most exciting French actresses today, Marion Cotillard, who won an Academy Award playing Edith Piaf in La Vie en Rose, stars in Jean-Pierre and Luc Dardenne’s Two Days, One Night, a film that is at once an unforgettable drama and a tough ethical inquiry.

Two Days, One Night will then be shown that same day at 3PM and again on October 6, at 9PM.

If you’re in New York this weekend, don’t miss it!

7 Responses to “Marion at New York Film Festival October 5”

Jennifer

Thanks for the updates; and I’m super excited that she’s part of the New York Film Festival

Sep 29, 14 at 6:57 pm

Kit van Cleave

Why refer to Cotillard as “one of the most exciting FRENCH actresses today”? Cotillard is undoubtedly one of the most exciting ACTRESSES today. However, I will concede that the average French actress is much more skilled that most US female “movie stars” working today.

Sep 30, 14 at 6:04 pm

Lynn

Do you by any chance know if the event will be crowded? I plan to come from near Philly to NYC just for the event but I’m not sure whether I could get in.

Oct 03, 14 at 5:53 pm

Sofia

Hi Lynn, I’m not sure how many people will be there but I found a source that says the event if free and open to the public so if you get there early you probably will find room: http://www.filmlinc.com/nyff2014/films/nyff52-live-a-conversation-with-marion-cotillard

There apparently is a ticketing system:
NYFF FREE EVENTS
Starting one hour before the scheduled time of the event, complimentary tickets will be distributed from the box office corresponding to the event’s venue. Limit one ticket per person, on a space available basis. Please note that the line for tickets may form in advance of the time of distribution.

Hope this helps and that you manage to go!

Oct 03, 14 at 6:02 pm

Kit van Cleave

I have a ticket to hear/see Marion at the Saturday night performance. I had trouble negotiating mine because so many seats were taken prior to the August/September opening to the public. When I finally called the NY Philharmonic for help, I was told the event will be totally sold out by the end of 2014. The reason (apart from featuring Marion)? Like most arts companies the Philharmonic opens its seats to members only when it mails out its “coming seasons” brochure at the start of the summer. The majority of orchestra seats and first balcony were sold by the time I tried to find one for opening night when the first public offering opened. I’m delighted for Marion but feel this will be an event for which waiting to purchase is NOT a good idea. Do it now.
Kit van Cleave, Houston TX

Oct 04, 14 at 4:27 pm

Kit van Cleave

Sorry, folks. I was only sent part of the discussion on tickets and thought y’all were talking about the coming Philharmonic event,. But what I said is still true. If you want to get into the JOAN in June 2014, now is the time to act. Otherwise, nothing available. Apparently Marion is now at “underground” status in the US, where the worship level is still not in the tabs or among the LA cognoscenti. But when she can sell out Avery Fisher six months in advance, for more than one night, to appear with the Philharmonic? That’s major in NYC. Poor thing — think what her life will be like as queen of the Zeitgeist.

Oct 04, 14 at 4:38 pm

Patrick

I got there an hour early today and there was no room 🙁 Wish I could have seen Marion.

Oct 05, 14 at 9:01 pm