Interview about Joan of Arc Oratorio
The Spanish newspaper El Periódico published an interview with Marion Cotillard about her upcoming performances in Arthur Honegger’s iconic 1938 oratorio Jeanne au Bûcher (“Joan of Arc at the Stake”) at the Barcelona Auditori on November 17 & 18. Marc Soustrot is conducting the Orquestra Simfònica de Barcelona i Nacional de Catalunya along with the Vivaldi, Liedercamera and Madrigal choirs. As previously announced the November 17 performance will be presented by medici.tv in a Live Webcast (2pm EST). Check out our past updates as well as their press release in English for more information.
Anyway, back to the interview. In it she talks about why this project means so much to her that she is reprising the role after performing the oratorio already in her hometown Orléans back in 2005, how her parents performed it when she was a child, what the challenges of the performances will be as well as wardrobe choices! I translated the article with help of Google Translator and a dictionary. I hope I got it right. Enjoy!
• Marion Cotillard: “Being Joan of Arc is a difficult challenge – but I love it”, El Periódico, November 3
002 Scans from 2012 > El Periódico (Spain) – November 3
‘Rust and Bone’ UK Promotion
Marion Cotillard was very busy promoting her new movie ‘Rust & Bone‘ (De rouille et d’os) during the London Film Festival. The movie was released earlier this week on Friday in UK theatres. This means there were tons of new articles, videos & magazine features. Here’s an overview of which articles, clips & screencaps (some are HD) as well as scans I added during the past days.
Even though the videos may look all the same and basically cover all the same topics (Rust & Bone, Awards Season and Red Carpet Style) there’s something new and different in each of them. Kudos to Marion for not talking like a machine even though giving this many interviews in one day!
• The Fighters: Marion Cotillard Interview, Film3Sixty Magazine, Autumn
• Cotillard: I like mixing it up, Press Association, October 18
• Marion Cotillard: I haven’t lost my legs, but I have lost and I have felt pain, Radar Magazine (The Independent), October 27
• She’s having a whale of a time, The Sunday Times, October 28
• Rust and Bone: Marion Cotillard and the spoiler debate, BBC News, October 30
• ELLE meets Marion Cotillard, Elle, October 31
• Marion Cotillard: ‘the Oscar put me in a different universe’, Telegraph, November 1
• La belle dame avec merci, The Irish Times, November 2
003 News Segmens (CNN, SkyNews, BBC News)
009 Interviews (Cine Outsider, Digital Spy, Flicks and the City, French Cinema London, Glamour Magazine, InStyle, LoveFilm, MyMovies, The Guardian)
002 Scans from 2012 > Film3Sixty (UK) – Autumn
001 Scans from 2012 > Vogue (UK) – November
028 News Segments > CNN – 15/10/2012
081 News Segments > Sky News – 15/10/2012
049 News Segments > BBC News – 30/10/2012
140 Online Interviews > Cine Outsider – 2012
041 Online Interviews > DigitalSpy – 2012
079 Online Interviews > Flicks and the City – 2012
018 Online Interviews > French Cinema London – 2012
076 Online Interviews > Glamour Magazine UK – 2012
075 Online Interviews > InStyle UK – 2012
027 Online Interviews > LoveFilm.com – 2012
029 Online Interviews > MyMovies.Net – 2012
042 Online Interviews > The Guardian – 2012