Welcome to Magnifique Marion Cotillard! Marion's best known for her award winning performance in La Vie en Rose, but you might also recognise her from movies such as Inception, Midnight in Paris, The Dark Knight Rises and The French Rust and Bone. Collecting nominations for her latest film Two Days, One Night and starring in the upcoming adaptation of Shakespeare's Macbeth, Marion Cotillard is finally making a comeback to leading roles. Not stopping at movies, Marion Cotillard is also exploring her musical talents, having toured with French rock band Yodelice and recorded a song and video with British band Metronomy. She's also taken over the fashion industry as the face of Lady Dior. All the while, she is never too busy for her family and to lend her time and name to causes she believes in. Enjoy your time here and keep checking back for all the latest news!
Apr 19, 11   Mia   13 Comments Movies, News & Rumours

on 1 Jan, 1970

Tweet about this on Twitter0Share on TumblrPin on Pinterest0Share on Facebook0

ComingSoon.net just reported Warner Bros. Pictures’ announcement from earlier today that Marion Cotillard and Joseph Gordon-Levitt have – after much speculation – officially joined the cast of ‘The Dark Knight Rises, the epic conclusion to the Dark Knight legend helmed by Christopher Nolan. This will be quite the ‘Inception‘ re-union since both Marion and Joseph as well as already confirmed cast members Michael Caine and Tom Hardy were directed by Christopher Nolan in that movie.

Cotillard will appear as Miranda Tate, a Wayne Enterprises board member eager to help a still-grieving Bruce Wayne resume his father’s philanthropic endeavors for Gotham.

Gordon-Levitt will play John Blake, a Gotham City beat cop assigned to special duty under the command of Commissioner Gordon.

The Hollywood Reporter has this quote from Christopher Nolan:

When you collaborate with people as talented as Marion and Joe, it comes as no surprise that you would want to repeat the experience. I immediately thought of them for the roles of Miranda and Blake, and I am looking forward to working with both of them again.

13 Responses to “Marion confirmed for 'The Dark Knight Rises'”

Brettd

Miranda Tate = Talia al Ghul in disguise.

Apr 19, 11 at 9:38 pm

Daisyd

So happy about this! Go Marion! I hope she gets more screen time here than in Inception.

Apr 20, 11 at 12:50 am

Kellyd

I’m so happy that she’s officially a part of the cast!
Though I can’t help but feel a little disappointed that her role seems to be the love interest.
I was hoping those Talia rumours would turn out to be true, as seeing her in a different role – and more of a comic book villain – would be amazing!
But who knows, as Brett says – perhaps Miranda Tate is an alter-ego.
Can’t wait to find out anyway…

Apr 20, 11 at 1:17 am

Monyd

This is a really great site. I am a fan of Marion, and I love that she stays under the radar and is not part of the whole Hollywood scene.

Does she still live in France?

Apr 20, 11 at 2:25 am

LILASd

SHE IS A GREAT ACTRESS FOR ME, VERY HAPPY FOR HER.

Apr 21, 11 at 3:30 pm

Cassied

GREAT NEWS! Hopefully Miranda will be more than just an “executive board member”, and she’ll play a more crucial role than the press release lets on. Either way, it’s nice to finally get SOME confirmation after months of speculating.

Apr 22, 11 at 12:43 am

Mariad

I agree with Cassie! And when are you going to include TDKR in her movie projects?

Apr 22, 11 at 12:56 pm

Brettd

Trust me. Her character is Talia al Ghul using the alias Miranda Tate in order to infiltrate Wayne Enterprises. She will be one of the primary villains in this film. For those of you how don’t know, Talia al Ghul is the daughter of Ra’s al Ghul, who was played by Liam Neeson in Batman Begins.

I don’t know this will happen for certain, but the facts seem to point in that direction. They have already cast a young actor to play a young Ra’s in a flashback sequence. There is no reason to include a flashback of Ra’s (who died in Batman Begins) unless you are planning to tell the backstory of his daughter, Talia.

Apr 23, 11 at 3:28 am

Cassied

Well, Brett, I don’t know. It’s VERY likely, but I’m skeptical….I won’t believe it until it’s filmed/on screen. After all, Nolan is all about surprises, and if people expect Talia….how much of a surprise can it be? Just as evidence points to Tate=Talia, there is also evidence to disprove it. *shrugs* I’m on the fence. lol

Apr 23, 11 at 12:43 pm

Brettd

Cassie,

I’m pretty sure the film will have many other bigger and better twists, so I doubt us being able to figure out that Tate = Talia is a big deal. Plus, the majority of the public has never heard of Talia al Ghul, so it probably wouldn’t occur to them.

Apr 25, 11 at 7:23 am