Welcome to Magnifique Marion Cotillard! Marion's best known for her award winning performance in La Vie en Rose, but you might also recognise her from movies such as Inception, Midnight in Paris, The Dark Knight Rises and The French Rust and Bone. Collecting nominations for her latest film Two Days, One Night and starring in the upcoming adaptation of Shakespeare's Macbeth, Marion Cotillard is finally making a comeback to leading roles. Not stopping at movies, Marion Cotillard is also exploring her musical talents, having toured with French rock band Yodelice and recorded a song and video with British band Metronomy. She's also taken over the fashion industry as the face of Lady Dior. All the while, she is never too busy for her family and to lend her time and name to causes she believes in. Enjoy your time here and keep checking back for all the latest news!
Aug 08, 08   Mia   12 Comments Movies, News & Rumours

on 1 Jan, 1970

Tweet about this on Twitter0Share on TumblrPin on Pinterest0Share on Facebook0

Nine director Rob Marshall is setting up a drama school where his stars, including Penelope Cruz, Daniel Day-Lewis and Marion Cotillard, can work exclusively on their high notes, dance steps and even their dialect.

Cruz reveals, “We have a camp in London where you go from the dancing room to the singing room, to the acting room to the dialect coach.

“It’s all day like that and I can’t wait to get started.”

Source: Hollywood.com

On another note, Fergie has joined the film’s all-star line-up and is very excited about it.

“I’m speechless. I’m definitely going to be a sponge on set,” the Black Eyed Pea was quoted by stv.tv as saying. “I want to pick up on everything that all these brilliant actors are bringing to the table. I’m probably going to be the quietest that I’ve ever been while working just because I want to watch and learn.”

Of her lady of the night character, Fergie said: “(I’m) just thrilled I get to play a character. I’m singing, but I’m not singing as myself. I’m going to be singing as a character, and that’s what’s really exciting to me.”

12 Responses to “Dance/Drama Boot Camp”

loletted

sorry to say that, but the casting was so great before kate hudson and fergie…..

Aug 11, 08 at 4:40 am

pateld

I would have to say that the addition of nicole kidman will hurt the film more than the casting of kate hudson. I mean seeing as kidman cant even move her face anymore thats bound to get in the way of the acting. and maybe kate hudson will draw more people to the movie, so that could be a plus.

Aug 14, 08 at 7:07 pm

harleyd

hey maria! you have the coolest, and i think the only, marion site in the net! congrats for that. im really excited about this project since i heart most of the actors thaat are working there, and give kate a break she’s a really talented girl! saying that, i was wondering when are you allowing new users to register to the gallery, i would love to, so, i hope it’ll be soon.

best of luck,
H.

Aug 23, 08 at 4:08 am

Brandid

I like the cast with the exception of Fergie, can she even act?

Aug 24, 08 at 7:03 pm

What a great dancing video!

Aug 25, 08 at 4:19 am

pateld

actually there are a few marion cotillard fan sites out there…but i think this is the only one in english so thanks maria!

Aug 26, 08 at 8:11 am

Mariad

Yup this is the only English Marion website. There are 2 very good French websites out there… See the links section on this website to find them.

I won’t be opening gallery registration since being a user won’t give you any additional privileges. All the pictures are currently available to everyone in their full size. Whenever you can’t see pictures it’s because I haven’t uploaded them yet :(

Aug 28, 08 at 10:44 am

loletted

maria, when you will upload the photoshoots ? and i would like to see the pix from the oscars!! thanks

Aug 28, 08 at 12:27 pm

angelusd

seriously? fergie? i don’t even know what to say. this is perhaps the most unexpected casting call of all!

still, perhaps she will surprise us?

Aug 29, 08 at 6:57 am

pateld

maria, do you have any pictuires or news from the nine bootcamp in london regarding marion??

Aug 31, 08 at 6:58 am

lolette: As soon as I find the time, I promise!

patel: No, no pictures at all I’m afraid. Will be on the lookout and will let you all know as soon as some should surface.

Sep 04, 08 at 9:22 am