Welcome to Magnifique Marion Cotillard! Marion's best known for her award winning performance in La Vie en Rose, but you might also recognise her from movies such as Inception, Midnight in Paris, The Dark Knight Rises and The French Rust and Bone. Collecting nominations for her latest film Two Days, One Night and starring in the upcoming adaptation of Shakespeare's Macbeth, Marion Cotillard is finally making a comeback to leading roles. Not stopping at movies, Marion Cotillard is also exploring her musical talents, having toured with French rock band Yodelice and recorded a song and video with British band Metronomy. She's also taken over the fashion industry as the face of Lady Dior. All the while, she is never too busy for her family and to lend her time and name to causes she believes in. Enjoy your time here and keep checking back for all the latest news!
Feb 29, 08   Mia   21 Comments Gallery Updates

on 1 Jan, 1970

Tweet about this on Twitter0Share on TumblrPin on Pinterest0Share on Facebook0

Obviously, Marion Cotillard’s Best Actress win at the Oscars is making headlines throughout the world. I’ve now added scans of the most recent issues of Vanity Fair Germany and Paris Match – both feature Marion on the cover. The latter also features an interesting interview with Marion’s dad: Jean-Claude Cotillard (see scan #11).

Remember that although the scans are tagged I am happy to see a link back to this site here should you decide to post them in e.g. a messageboard. I have come across a number of my scans – especially rare ones such as the Japanese magazine features – having been posted on various places uncredited and with illegible tags. Buying and scanning magazines is something I enjoy doing for a fansite but it costs money and time. So instead of simply taking them for your own use please take the additional time of maybe commenting on here how much you appreciate them and add a link back to Magnifique Marion Cotillard should you post them someplace else. It would be much appreciated!

05 Vanity Fair (Germany) – February 28
12 Paris Match (France) – February 28 – March 5

21 Responses to “Making Headlines – Part 1”

I am so very happy for Marion’s Oscar win – although I haven’t seen all of her performance in La Vie en Rose, the clips I have seen have convinced me Marion’s performance is worth all the nominations and awards it has gotten. Thank you for all the new photos and Oscar coverage!

Ah, don’t I know that itching, irritating feeling when scans and other material gets reposted without any credit. You’d think a simple text link back wouldn’t be too much, but I guess it is for some inflated egos.

Feb 29, 08 at 11:25 pm

Márciod

I was so so happy when Marion won that I started running and screaming at 1 a.m.(the time it was aired in Brazil), my parenths were pissed with me, but who cares, I was so happy.
Love marion!
and thanks for the lovely scans and for give us this amazing site, my congratz to you!

Feb 29, 08 at 11:54 pm

lisad

I’m getting several broken link images for the pix. Can you please correct the picture links? Thanks.

Mar 01, 08 at 4:46 pm

I’re re-uploaded scans #4+5 from German Vanity Fair. Are there any other that are broken now?

Full size versions are always still available even when the gallery system inexplainably removes the resized version…

Mar 01, 08 at 4:52 pm

lisad

Yes, thanks for fixing them. I have just learned about some anti-american statements Marion made. I’m so disappointed now!!

Mar 02, 08 at 2:47 am

tristind

Bueno, q exageración con el temita. No hay que sacar las cosas de contexto. Lo que ella dice es que eso después se ha usado con fines políticos y estoy completamente de acuerdo, al igual q es verdad que no sabemos ni la mitad de las cosas que suceden, nos cuentan una pequeña parte, si es q nos la cuentan. en cuanto a la Luna, no sé si decir q estoy de acuerdo o no, pero es extraño q no se ha vuelto a ir no? pues eso, me gusta la gente con ideas, con opiniones y q sabe defenderlas.

I like Marion!!!!
I like Marion, she’s freedom

Mar 02, 08 at 5:34 pm

ikad

What gives you the right to insult her like that ? The scandal sheets and the people who can hardly wait to drag someone’s well-deserved success through the mud, those are embarassments to the human race ! She voiced her doubts, she was honest about them, that’s all she did. It’s very easy to take words out of context and use them against someone, especially when it’s someone lovely and gentle like Marion. If only we learned to appreciate each other and just be happy for other people’s happiness, this world would be a good place to live in…

Mar 02, 08 at 7:31 pm

Micheld

Fist: It’s the Dailey Mail. Stupid tabloid.

Second: “May your Oscar be tainted with Anthrax”.
That’s way out of line!

Third: Did Bush know about the attacks?
Yes he did. Did he do anything against them? No he did not!

Fourth: “I’ve stayed out of France since 2001, please stay out the
United States? Deal?”.
Gladly. Until Obama is president I’ll go to France instead.

Mar 02, 08 at 8:26 pm

ameeyd

Well how can I make the pics become bigger, because I can’t read the interview, the letters are too small.
By the way about the 9/11, actually media sometimes brought bullshit things to manipulate people. I mean nobody is perfect and no one can always say nice words about everything. She might criticize but it still doesn’t mean that she’s anti-American. So guys, come on stop arguing about that. Yet It’s important what people saying, but it’s more important what they are DOING! So don’t be disappointed American friends^^, keep on supporting her if you still like her.^^ lol

Mar 02, 08 at 8:31 pm

Micheld

If my first reaction was a bit harsh, I’m sorry but it’s just how I feel. Having lost a nephew in Afganistan through a war America started.

What I wanted to say was this: The Dailey Mail is a tabloid magazine, they write what they want, and it’s usually not true what they write. Keep supporting Marion, she is an amazing actress.

Mar 02, 08 at 8:45 pm

I will keep deleting all disrespectful comments! Show some respect even if you do not agree with Marion Cotillard!

Ameey: Register as a user and you’ll be able to see the full-sized pictures.

Mar 02, 08 at 9:35 pm

Naty Pottierd

Hey, I really enjoy your website and I think it’s a tremedous work that you’re doing to promote Marion’s carrear. Sorry my english, I’m from Brazil. I really enjoy if you might could trade emails with me so we could discuss Marion and her work.
hope hear from u soon. bye bye. thanks for your time.

Mar 02, 08 at 9:51 pm

tristind

Maria, thank you. The web is amazing!! I love it!!!

Marion is a fantastic actress, thank you for support her.

sorry about my english and Maria if you need something….ok?

kisses and thank you for the hard work, it’s great!!

Mar 02, 08 at 10:22 pm

Sissyd

Let’s put things right: I’ve seen the interview Marion gave one year ago, and there was absolutely nothing anti-American about her comments. She was just saying that people should not always believe what they are told. For 9/11 she said that the fact the towers collapsed so quickly was really strange, which is something a lot of experts have already discussed. It’s easy to find on the internet some websites dedicated to the questions not yet answered by the official enquiry.
For the moon, she was just saying that she’s read a lot about it and the theory that it’s not true is a possibility.
Conclusion: what she said has been twisted by a French rag magazine and now given her success at the Oscars, newspapers are too happy to start a smear campaign against Marion. Please, please everybody, use your brain and try to protect Marion from this mud.She is a nice girl and doesn’t deserve the hatred this trash is going to provoke!!!!

Mar 02, 08 at 10:33 pm

ikad

I’m afraid we’re outnumbered, Sissy. I found it hard to believe, but even those who seemed very happy for Marion a week ago are calling her names and love this whole sad business. I am genuinely disgusted and very sorry for what she must be going through. I’d like to help, but don’t know how. Any ideas from the moderators ?

Mar 02, 08 at 11:26 pm

Sissyd

Ika, you’re right, the situation is very sad. Think unfortunately it’s only the beginning… I’ve just seen the comment posted by Chris on Marion getting the Czech award… whaat a shame!
Hope Marion is going to do something about it although I wonder what she could do ?

Mar 03, 08 at 12:28 am

I’m not sure what can be done. But I’ve prepared a post in support of Marion. I would like to add an English translation of the full comment. Can any of you help out?

Mar 03, 08 at 12:32 am

ikad

Yes, I can translate it if you like. I assume you’re talking about the french interview ? Also, I was wondering if you have an address of her agent or something, where she can receive messages. I don’t usually agree with the “fan mail” idea, but right now she should know there are people who love and support her.

Mar 03, 08 at 12:43 am

Thank you that would be great.

Also I have this address:
Marion Cotillard
c/o ADÉQUAT
80 rue d’amsterdam
75009 Paris

Mar 03, 08 at 12:54 am

ikad

I can translate it tomorrow, if it’s ok. I would gladly do it now, but it’s 2 o’clock in the morning here and I have to go to work in a few hours !:)
About the address… I was thinking we could send a message from all of us – those who want to. But I have no idea how to organize something like that. As I said, I don’t agree with interfering in the lives of celebrities, but in this case I feel the need to do something. Marion is a beautiful person and I really would do anything to help her.

Mar 03, 08 at 1:09 am

ikad

So why is that your concern ? I suppose it’s better to bash someone, without giving them the benefit of the doubt ?

Mar 03, 08 at 8:08 am