Making Headlines – Part 1

1. Sandra says:

I am so very happy for Marion’s Oscar win – although I haven’t seen all of her performance in La Vie en Rose, the clips I have seen have convinced me Marion’s performance is worth all the nominations and awards it has gotten. Thank you for all the new photos and Oscar coverage!

Ah, don’t I know that itching, irritating feeling when scans and other material gets reposted without any credit. You’d think a simple text link back wouldn’t be too much, but I guess it is for some inflated egos.

2. Márcio says:

I was so so happy when Marion won that I started running and screaming at 1 a.m.(the time it was aired in Brazil), my parenths were pissed with me, but who cares, I was so happy.
    Love marion!
    and thanks for the lovely scans and for give us this amazing site, my congratz to you!

3. lisa says:

I’m getting several broken link images for the pix. Can you please correct the picture links? Thanks.

4. Maria says:

I’re re-uploaded scans #4+5 from German Vanity Fair. Are there any other that are broken now?

Full size versions are always still available even when the gallery system inexplainably removes the resized version…

5. lisa says:

Yes, thanks for fixing them. I have just learned about some anti-american statements Marion made. I’m so disappointed now!!

6. tristin says:

Bueno, q exageración con el temita. No hay que sacar las cosas de contexto. Lo que ella dice es que eso después se ha usado con fines políticos y estoy completamente de acuerdo, al igual q es verdad que no sabemos ni la mitad de las cosas que suceden, nos cuentan una pequeña parte, si es q nos la cuentan. en cuanto a la Luna, no sé si decir q estoy de acuerdo o no, pero es extraño q no se ha vuelto a ir no? pues eso, me gusta la gente con ideas, con opiniones y q sabe defenderlas.

I like Marion!!!!
    I like Marion, she’s freedom

7. ika says:

What gives you the right to insult her like that ? The scandal sheets and the people who can hardly wait to drag someone’s well-deserved success through the mud, those are embarassments to the human race ! She voiced her doubts, she was honest about them, that’s all she did. It’s very easy to take words out of context and use them against someone, especially when it’s someone lovely and gentle like Marion. If only we learned to appreciate each other and just be happy for other people’s happiness, this world would be a good place to live in…

8. Michel says:

Fist: It’s the Dailey Mail. Stupid tabloid.

Second: “May your Oscar be tainted with Anthrax”.
    That’s way out of line!

Third: Did Bush know about the attacks?
    Yes he did. Did he do anything against them? No he did not!

Fourth: “I’ve stayed out of France since 2001, please stay out the
    United States? Deal?”.
    Gladly. Until Obama is president I’ll go to France instead.

9. ameey says:

Well how can I make the pics become bigger, because I can’t read the interview, the letters are too small.
    By the way about the 9/11, actually media sometimes brought bullshit things to manipulate people. I mean nobody is perfect and no one can always say nice words about everything. She might criticize but it still doesn’t mean that she’s anti-American. So guys, come on stop arguing about that. Yet It’s important what people saying, but it’s more important what they are DOING! So don’t be disappointed American friends^^, keep on supporting her if you still like her.^^ lol

10. Michel says:

If my first reaction was a bit harsh, I’m sorry but it’s just how I feel. Having lost a nephew in Afganistan through a war America started.

What I wanted to say was this: The Dailey Mail is a tabloid magazine, they write what they want, and it’s usually not true what they write. Keep supporting Marion, she is an amazing actress.

11. Maria says:

I will keep deleting all disrespectful comments! Show some respect even if you do not agree with Marion Cotillard!

Ameey: Register as a user and you’ll be able to see the full-sized pictures.

12. Naty Pottier says:

Hey, I really enjoy your website and I think it’s a tremedous work that you’re doing to promote Marion’s carrear. Sorry my english, I’m from Brazil. I really enjoy if you might could trade emails with me so we could discuss Marion and her work.
    hope hear from u soon. bye bye. thanks for your time.

13. tristin says:

Maria, thank you. The web is amazing!! I love it!!!

Marion is a fantastic actress, thank you for support her.

sorry about my english and Maria if you need something….ok?

kisses and thank you for the hard work, it’s great!!

14. Sissy says:

Let’s put things right: I’ve seen the interview Marion gave one year ago, and there was absolutely nothing anti-American about her comments. She was just saying that people should not always believe what they are told. For 9/11 she said that the fact the towers collapsed so quickly was really strange, which is something a lot of experts have already discussed. It’s easy to find on the internet some websites dedicated to the questions not yet answered by the official enquiry.
    For the moon, she was just saying that she’s read a lot about it and the theory that it’s not true is a possibility.
    Conclusion: what she said has been twisted by a French rag magazine and now given her success at the Oscars, newspapers are too happy to start a smear campaign against Marion. Please, please everybody, use your brain and try to protect Marion from this mud.She is a nice girl and doesn’t deserve the hatred this trash is going to provoke!!!!

15. ika says:

I’m afraid we’re outnumbered, Sissy. I found it hard to believe, but even those who seemed very happy for Marion a week ago are calling her names and love this whole sad business. I am genuinely disgusted and very sorry for what she must be going through. I’d like to help, but don’t know how. Any ideas from the moderators ?

16. Sissy says:

Ika, you’re right, the situation is very sad. Think unfortunately it’s only the beginning… I’ve just seen the comment posted by Chris on Marion getting the Czech award… whaat a shame!
    Hope Marion is going to do something about it although I wonder what she could do ?

17. Maria says:

I’m not sure what can be done. But I’ve prepared a post in support of Marion. I would like to add an English translation of the full comment. Can any of you help out?

18. ika says:

Yes, I can translate it if you like. I assume you’re talking about the french interview ? Also, I was wondering if you have an address of her agent or something, where she can receive messages. I don’t usually agree with the “fan mail” idea, but right now she should know there are people who love and support her.

19. Maria says:

Thank you that would be great.

Also I have this address:
    Marion Cotillard
    c/o ADÉQUAT
    80 rue d’amsterdam
    75009 Paris

20. ika says:

I can translate it tomorrow, if it’s ok. I would gladly do it now, but it’s 2 o’clock in the morning here and I have to go to work in a few hours !:)
    About the address… I was thinking we could send a message from all of us – those who want to. But I have no idea how to organize something like that. As I said, I don’t agree with interfering in the lives of celebrities, but in this case I feel the need to do something. Marion is a beautiful person and I really would do anything to help her.

21. ika says:

So why is that your concern ? I suppose it’s better to bash someone, without giving them the benefit of the doubt ?