Welcome to Magnifique Marion Cotillard! Marion's best known for her award winning performance in La Vie en Rose, but you might also recognise her from movies such as Inception, Midnight in Paris, The Dark Knight Rises and The French Rust and Bone. Collecting nominations for her latest film Two Days, One Night and starring in the upcoming adaptation of Shakespeare's Macbeth, Marion Cotillard is finally making a comeback to leading roles. Not stopping at movies, Marion Cotillard is also exploring her musical talents, having toured with French rock band Yodelice and recorded a song and video with British band Metronomy. She's also taken over the fashion industry as the face of Lady Dior. All the while, she is never too busy for her family and to lend her time and name to causes she believes in. Enjoy your time here and keep checking back for all the latest news!
Jan 22, 08   Mia   7 Comments Awards, News & Rumours

on 1 Jan, 1970

Tweet about this on Twitter0Share on TumblrPin on Pinterest0Share on Facebook0

Marion Cotillard received an Oscar nomination! Warmest congratulations! Her fellow nominees in the category Actress in a Leading Role are Cate Blanchett, Julie Christie, Laura Linney and Ellen Page.

Marion Cotillard, up for Best Actress as Edith Piaf in La Vie En Rose, told PEOPLE of her nomination: “I couldn’t believe this, to be amongst these incredible beautiful stunning actresses I admire so much.” Singling out one in particular, she added, “I just discovered Ellen Page. I saw Juno a few weeks ago. I think she’s amazing, so to be with those actresses is something really unbelievable and special.”

“It’s as if I had swallowed some fireworks or something like this. My friends and my family in Paris, they are so happy.” — Marion Cotillard, on her best actress nomination for “La Vie en Rose.”

In addition, La Vie en Rose garnered nominations in the Costume Design and Makeup categories. See the full list of nominees here.

7 Responses to “Oscar Nomination!”

Paolo 72d

Marion must win!!!

Jan 22, 08 at 9:42 pm

blackchimerad

Goooo Marion!

By the way, I just discovered the site. It’s great to have such a high quality tribute to her. Thanks for all your hard work! :)

Jan 23, 08 at 4:14 am

juliad

WOOOOW
Gr8 News
I Say she will win
BrAVO

Jan 23, 08 at 5:34 am

Good luck to Marion!
Anyway, Maria, did you get my email about Venice mag?

Jan 23, 08 at 6:39 am

nickcutterd

Je ne sais pas si quelqu’un comprend le francais mais bon autant le laissé en francais vu que Marion est francaise lol Je suis vraiment heureux que Marion Cotillard puisse enfin s’envoler, elle va devenir une actrice celebre et j’espere qu’elle sera ocarisé voila :p sinon votre site est superbe !!

Jan 23, 08 at 3:47 pm

Mary Ellend

Congrats to beautiful Marion! I have seen the film 5x and forget she was acting she was so real! Loved her. Will keep my fingers double crossed February 24th that the most deserving performance of 2007 is honored. Go girl!

Jan 23, 08 at 7:37 pm

Eulalied

Here’s what she said about the great Ellen age in Juno :

Marion Cotillard: Ellen Page In Juno Was ‘Amazing’

Both La Vie En Rose’s Marion Cotillard and Juno’s Ellen Page received the news today that they were both nominated for a Best Actress Academy Award.

It was a first for both of the talented thespians.

“I couldn’t believe this, to be amongst these incredible beautiful stunning actresses I admire so much,” exclaimed Ms. Cotillard to People.

In an analogy that could be lost somewhat in translation, the La Vie En Rose star explained that “it’s as if I had swallowed some fireworks or something like this. My friends and my family in Paris, they are so happy.”

If Page wins the Oscar on February 24, she will be the youngest winner ever for Best Actress. Marlee Matlin is currently the youngest at 21 years old, but the Juno star is only 20 and has her beat by a few months.

Jan 27, 08 at 2:39 am